Chapter 4: Hating the bad boys name: He called me beautiful

Bree's PoV

It was the next morning, Sofia offered to take me to school.

Luke refused to take me, something about how he thought it was uncool. I had no one to drive me, and there was no way I'd get on the bus all by myself.

We sang along to Running by Beyoncé and Naughty Boy, when I remembered what Sofia had said to me yesterday.

I thought now would be a perfect time to ask her what she meant. "What did you mean yesterday when you said that Ryder was trying to get my attention?"

I rested my head against the side of the window and watched her from the corner of my eye. She shook her head slightly. "Its nothing, just forget it."

I raised a brow turning to look at her.
"How can I forget what you said when it clearly meant something? I don't see what's wrong with telling me."

Sofia hesitated for a bit. She mumbled something under her breath as if having a debate with herself, until she firmly nodded in reassurance. "I just meant that Ryder has never tried to get the attention of a girl, it's always been the other way around and . . . "

I cut her off understanding what she was trying to say. "You thought that there's something going on with us."

She nodded. "I guess it just kinda seemed odd."

Well . . . " I said pointing a finger at her " . . . let me tell you Sofia that there is nothing going on between Ryder and I, and there never will be."

She gave me a disbelieving look. "Okay. If you really say so I guess I'll have to believe you." She said a patronizing tone lacing her voice.

In no matter of time we pulled into the school parking lot. I unbuckled my seat belt, opening the door to get out. I met her at the front of the car and we both headed over to our friends outside the school. "Hey everybody." I beamed

I spotted Ryder and when he noticed I was looking at him he winked. "Why is it I can always be in a good mood until I see your face?"

Knowing I was talking about him, he gave me a look of disbelief. "Yeah sure, you say that now but we all know that you secretly wanna get in my pants. But it's okay Bree, so do a lot of other girls."

I folded my arms and rested my weight onto one leg. "You're so full of yourself. And anybody who actually does want to get into your pants I feel sorry for. You have clearly brainwashed them."

Ryder rolled his eyes. "Please, the girls don't need me to brainwash them, they naturally come to me."

"You know what? I can't take you. All you talk about is how good looking you think you are and his many girls want to be with you." I yelled throwing my hands up into the air.

He growled. "Can you be quiet for just once? At least I express my good looks. You just walk around, acting like no guys are attracted to you and that you are all innocent when you know you're beautiful and that you could kick ass if  you wanted too."

I could feel heat crawl up my neck. I was definitely blushing. I turned to our friends to see them looking between Ryder and I, clearly astonished by what just happened. "Uh, did you just call me beautiful?"

Ryder's eyes widened. He spun around so it was only his back that was visible as he scratched his neck awkwardly. "I don't know what you're talking about." He said before quickly running into the school building.