Chapter 5: Hating the bad boys name: Come on princess

Bree's PoV

"Bree are you coming in the water?" I looked over at Alec who was calling me from the water.

Earlier this morning the whole gang went to the beach and yeah, when I say the whole gang of course Ryder came.

I nodded getting up off my beach towel. "I'm on my way." I shouted back.

I took off my sunglasses and chucked  them into my bag before running into the water. I let out a little squeal as I felt the cold liquid against my skin. I shivered got shivers down my spin but decided moving around in the water would warm my body up.

The last time I went to the beach was when me and Luke were little kids, like around 9 0r 10. We used to go all the time with our cousin Bailey. I had good memories of the beach with her.

We would always look for things in the sea and make sandcastles which Luke would always come and ruin. Looking back now, I probably shouldn't have overreacted every time he did so.

Bailey is two years older than us but was still one of my closest friends until her dad, my uncle, got transferred to a different city. I haven't seen or spoke to her in a while. At first we talked on the phone all the time but then we kinda just drifted apart.

I squealed in shock when cold water hit my back. I turned around to see Ryder smirking. "What's wrong?" He asked, playing all innocent.

I narrowed my eyes and splashed my arms down into the water. "You didn't."

He shrugged teasingly. "Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't."

Without a second thought. I sent my hands flying in Ryder's direction, water hitting him in his face. He wiped his eyes and looked at me slightly amused.
"You didn't." He asked

I shrugged a slight smile playing on my lips. "Maybe I did and maybe I didn't."

He shook his head playfully. "You're something else Tomas."

I folded my arms, a giggle escaping my lips. "So are you Anders."

He nodded his head firmly and tilted his head to the side. "I'm glad."

I copied his stance. "I'm glad too."

~*~

We were all messing in the water when I had an idea. "Hey guys, why don't we play chicken?"

Luke cheered and clapped his hands together. "I'm down for that, let's play. Everybody find a partner."

I smiled as one person came to mind. I went running over to Brec the best I could in the water. I probably looked like a very hyperactive seal. "Hey. Care to be my partner in crime?"

She frowned. "Oh Bree I would but you know me and piggy backs don't have the best history. I think I'm just better off watching, I could work on my tan."

I stifled a laugh as I remembered when Brec had her 10th birthday party.

Her older brother gave the birthday girl a piggy back ride which ended in him tripping and them both falling head first into her own cake.

Brec cried for days, I had to constantly stay with her and try get her out of her bubble of sadness and that's a lot for a ten year old to manage. Brec folded her arms. "I can see you wanting to laugh."

I copied her position and tried to act as normal as possible. "I don't know what you're talking about."

She shook her head unamused. "You're such a loser Bree."