Chapter 38: Hating the bad boys name: It could be perfect

Thank you PrismaticDyes for the amazing cover x

Bree's PoV

"Dude she's in there coughing like a dehydrated yack."

I rolled my eyes at their lack of a private conversation. "I can hear you, you know?" I asked hoarsely from bed.

In seconds my bedroom door was opened to reveal Luke and Ryder.

"You heard that?" Ryder asked walking further into my room.

I nodded wiping my nose with a tissue. I sighed and lazily threw it. "You never truly appreciate breathing through your nose until you get a cold."

"Well, just let me know if there's anything I can do to help you from getting me sick." Luke said watching me wearily.

"Ryder pass me that pillow." I said lifting up my finger slightly, pointing to the pillow at the end of my bed.

Ryder raised a brow. "What for?"

"So I can hit Luke with it." I said trying to sound threatening but my voice just came out all croaky and hoarse.

Luke laughed nervously and grabbed the pillow moving it even further from me. "We'll just put that over there."

I groaned in frustration. "Can you guys just leave, I wanna die in peace."

Ryder rolled his eyes due to my over exaggeration. "You're not gonna die but if you do just know that I'll probably be at your funeral."

I forced out a fake smile onto my lips. "Get out, now."

~*~

"I need some soup." I said wailing my hand in the air.

Harper sighed. "Yeah one second, this is just a really good part in the movie."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "If you are going to skip school to look after me I'd appreciate it if you actually looked after me and stopped watching your stupid Fairytale movies."

Harper placed her hand on her heart in shock. "Okay one, my Fairytale movies are not stupid and two, why don't you ask Ryder or Luke? They are skipping school too."

I thought about it for a while before a small smile crept onto my face. "Oh yeah." I groggily turned to the side of my bed and picked up the bell.

I rung it a couple of times before Ryder and Luke came through the door.

"What do you want?" Luke asked.

I looked at Harper signalling for her to speak for me. She sighed "She wants some soup."

"What do you want me to do about..." Luke started but Ryder cut him off by placing a hand on his shoulder. "

"Dude, you and Harper just go get her chicken soup."

My eyes widened slightly as I realised if Harper and Luke went downstairs that just leaves... "Yeah Luke, you and Harper go get me some soup."

He gave me a look as he realised what I meant. "Oh, yeah I'll get you some soup Harper you're coming too."

She frowned "But Tangled is on and I don't..."

"Harper just come on." Luke said cutting her off and holding out his hand for her to take.

With a last glance at the TV she got up and placed her hand in his. They both left my room and I mentally sighed.

Ryder walked over to me and laid next to me in the bed.

I frowned. "You know if you get too close you might catch my cold."

He laughed slightly. "I think I'll take my chances."

I sighed and ran a hand through my sweaty hair. "If Bethany never hugged me then I never would of gotten sick."

"Yeah but then you never would have gotten to stay home and be with me." He reasoned.

I snorted "Listen, the being with you part isn't a luxury, it's a punishment."

He shook his head amusingly. "Please, when you get the chance to be with Ryder Anders it's never a bad thing."

I sighed and sat up. "I don't even know how you can still be around me when I'm ill. I look like a train wreck."

He rolled his eyes "You don't look like a wreck you look like the same beautiful girl you always are."

Instantly, butterflies were erupting in my stomach, actually forget butterflies it was like a full orchestra. "Yeah okay." I said trying to play it cool.

He turned to look directly at me. He stared at me and I couldn't help my eyes fall upon his lips. I looked further up his face and his eyes caught onto mine. We both slowly started to move in, I could feel his minty breath fanning onto my lips. Was this it? Was I finally about to kiss Ryder?

If I did, it could be perfect.

He used one of his hands and placed it on my cheek. But before we could get any further my bedroom door had swung open. This scared both the of us and Ryder ended up falling off the bed and onto the floor. He groaned before quickly sitting up. I cleared my throat. "Uh, where's the soup?"

Harper shrugged. "All out."

Ryder raised a brow coming to sit on the end of my bed. "It took you that long to figure that out?"

Luke shrugged a smirk planted on his face. "It's a lot harder than you think."

I gave Luke and Harper a look. "If only it took you two another more couple of seconds to realise there was no soup."

They both glanced at each other, now understanding what I was trying to say. "We can look again." Harper suggested.

I rolled my eyes waving them off. "Oh don't bother, it's already been ruined."

Ryder frowned. "Wait I'm confused, are we still talking about the soup?"

I sighed "I wish we were."

~*~

"He did what?" Harper yelled.

I nodded. "Yeah he did."

"And you did what?" She said grinning.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Yeah I did."

She then frowned "And I spoilt it."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah you did."

She came over to me and embraced me in a hug. "I'm sorry I didn't know you were gonna kiss."

I laughed slightly. "Relax, I didn't think we were gonna nearly kiss either."

She sighed. "I didn't know it was gonna be a moment."

I waved her off. "Relax, I didn't think we were gonna have a moment either."

Just then Bethany came charging into my room. "Please tell me why Ryder and Luke are playing football outside, and why Harper's here too? I get a free period and decided to come home, not thinking you lot would be here. Bree I know you're sick but the rest of them don't need to be at home too and as for you blondie, you don't even live here."

"Ryder and I nearly kissed." I blurted out.

Instantly Bethany's scowl turned into a massive grin. "Tell me all about it." She said rushing over to my bed.

Ha, works everytime.

~~~*~~~

️️️❤️️️️VOTE❤️
❤️COMMENT❤️
❤️SHARE❤️

Kiyah12xox💋