Chapter 25: Hating the bad boys name: Not my boyfriend

Bree's PoV

"Morning girls." I said waking into the kitchen at the smell of pancakes.

Bethany looked up at me and smiled. "Hey Bree."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Must you always question my masculinity?"

I shrugged. "When I'm definitely sure what you are then I'll get back to you."

My eyes caught onto the golden food so I sat down not taking my eyes off of them. "Yum, pancakes."

I picked up my fork and reached over for a pancake on the large stack in front of me, but before I could pick one up, Luke tried to grab it as well.

"Give it to me." I warned him.

Luke scoffed. "No way, this pancake is gonna be mine."

"Yeah right. It's mine." I sneered, my eyes slowly narrowing.

"No. It's mine." Bethany said grabbing the pancake out of the grasps of our forks and shoving it in her mouth.

Both Luke and I watched in awe as she smugly chomped on the pancake and then proceeded to swallow it.

I turned to glare at Luke. "Believe me when I say this pancake war isn't over."

He waved his hand dismissively. "Just give it up, you won't win."

I scoffed. "Giving yourself some advice there I . . . "

I stopped mid-sentence and screamed as syrup hit me and Luke in the face.

We both slowly turned to look at Beth  to see her smirking whilst shaking the bottle in her hand. "I took the pancake and you guys are still arguing over it."

Before she could even get time to blink Luke ripped the syrup bottle out of her grasps and squirted it at her.

She yelped in surprise and Luke and I bursted out laughing.

She scowled grabbing the napkin next to her on the table. "You guys think this is funny?"

"Yes we do." Luke and I chorused.

It was now Beth's turn to grab the bottle from Luke's hands, she tried to squirt it at us but we both dodged it.

This time it wasn't Bethany, me or even Luke that screamed. We all turned to the doorway to see Bailey.

She wiped the syrup off from across her face. "Guess who's coming home?"

~*~

"Get out my room." I yelled at Luke as I slammed the door in his face.

"Why can't you just let him in?" Bailey asked confusedly.

I sent her a glare. "Uh, whose side are you on Bailey?"

I nodded in satisfaction when she raised her hands in surrender.

Luke groaned. "She's my cousin too. I wanna see her before we go to school."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah but I'm older so what I say goes."

"No you're not." He argued, his voice raising a little bit.

I shrugged even though he couldn't see me. "That's debatable."

He scoffed. "No it isn't."

I groaned in frustration. "What's with the negativity huh? You need to stop being a Moody Margaret . . . "

A smirk planted on my lips. " . . . Or a Lugubrious Luke."

"Bree you're so funny." He concluded, sarcasm radiating off of him.