Chapter 39: Hating the bad boys name: No shit Sherlock

Thank you MfChristina for the beautiful cover x

Bree's PoV

"One day, the dance is in 1 day. Do you think he's gonna ask me?"

I asked Amanda in a quiet tone, since we're not allowed to talk in class.

She thought about it for a bit. "Maybe he's afraid you are gonna say no if he asks, just wait and see what happens."

I sighed thinking of the possibilities. Ryder and I have nearly kissed, twice. Maybe he's realised that he should be taking me to the dance. "Okay, maybe you're right."

Brec scoffed from beside me, gaining mine and Amanda's attention. "I don't think so Bree. You've declined tons of boys, the next guy that asks you to the dance you're saying yes to, okay?"

I hesitated for a while before agreeing. "Yeah, fine whatever."

"Miss Tomas, why are you talking? Is there something you want to share with my class?" My body tensed and my eyes widened as my teacher called me out.

I instantly shook my head. "Uh n-no there isn't anything."

He folded his arms and gave me a stern look. "It seems to me like you do . . . I want complete silence from you until this English class is finished otherwise it's detention for you."

I quickly nodded before getting on with my essay, stupid English teacher.

Sir narrowed his eyes at me. "Pardon?"

My eyes widened as I realised I had in fact said that out loud.

I quickly shook my head. "Nothing, nothing at all."

~*~

"Uh, Bree?"

Brec, Amanda and I stopped walking at the sound of my name. I turned to see Danny, a boy from my English class.

I smiled. "Oh hey, what's up?"

He shuffled in his spot for a bit before speaking. "Uh . . .  can I-I speak to you for a second, please?"

I looked at the girls signaling with my head for them to give us a minute.

Brec gave a side hug and whispered in my ear before leaving. "Good luck."

I rolled my eyes at her comment and watched them walk away. I turned back to Danny. "Okay you can carry on."

He scratched the back of his neck. "So I know you probably have someone to go with already but I was wondering if you would like to go to the dance with me? That's only if you don't have a date."

I awkwardly smiled, getting ready to let him down. "About that, I've already . . "

You've declined tons of boys, the next guy that asks you to the dance you're saying yes to, okay?

" . . I'd love to go with you."

He sent a shocked look to me before a large grin took a place on his lips. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it's gonna be great."

He grasped his hands together. "Wow, well okay thanks. I'll see you later?"