Chapter 20: Hating the bad boys name: I've moved on

Bree's PoV

"Hey Ryder, long time no see huh?"

"Rachel why are you here?" Ryder asked running a hand through his hair.

"You said her name was Aspen." Luke said looking towards me.

I turned to Luke and shrugged. "Well that's what she told me."

Aspen sighed and spoke. "My middle name's Rachel. Ryder's the only one who calls me it."

I nodded slowly. "Okay that brings me to my next question. How'd you know Ryder?"

My question earned me a slap on the the head by Luke. "It's obvious how he knows her."

"Aw." I said before slapping him back.

"Hey, stop slapping me." He shouted.

"Stop slapping me." I squealed back.

"Twins?" Aspen asked looking between the both of us.

"Yup." Luke and I chorused. We both frowned. "I was gonna say that . . . . no you weren't . . . . leave me alone . . . ."

We both said before we crossed our arms over our chests and sat down.

It was a usual occurrence Luke and I saying things simultaneously. Anyone who says twins thinking the same thing is so fake I'm here to tell you it's utterly and completely true . . . . and let me assure you it's a definite pain in the ass.

"Rachael's my ex girlfriend." Ryder said answering my question.

My eyes widened and I turned to Aspen skeptically. "He's mystery boy?"

She nodded. "Yeah, yeah he is."

"I think we need to talk about this on our own." Ryder said pulling Aspen's hand and walking out of the cafeteria.

Everybody at the table was silent. I hated awkward a silences, they were something I definitely feared. They're worse than clowns, bugs and snakes.

I hate them with a passion so I decided to fill the silence. "So, that's Rachael."

~*~

Ryder's PoV

I dragged Rachael into the boys toilets.

She tried to pry out of my grip. "Ryder stop, these a boys toilets."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't really give a fuck right now."

Rachael ran her soft hand down my arm assuringly. "Ryder, calm down you always did have a temper."

I nodded thinking of all the times at my old school somebody would rub me up the wrong way and I'd try to fight them but Rachael always calmed me down before it'd get to that. I am surprised I got expelled for causing an explosion rather the getting into the many fights that I actually did. "What are you doing here Rachael?"

She frowned. "Are you not happy to see me or something?"

I turned my full attention to her. "Yeah, of course I am, I just didn't expect you."

A smile broke off onto her lips. "Ryder, I love you. I know I made a mistake but I'm hoping we can put that behind us."

I ran a hand through my hair. "I don't know, I put everything from our old school into the past, including you too."