Chapter 13: Hating the bad boys name: It's chocolate pudding

Bree's PoV

Luke and I walked through the same dull halls of our high school ready for another dull day.

Luke turned to me, adjusting the bag strap on his shoulder. "I told you I can't take you car shopping because later I've got football practice, remember?"

I nodded. "Yeah it's fine, I remember. I'm going with Harper instead."

His eyes widened slightly. "Uh Harper? Why her?" He asked really quick.

I raised a brow suspiciously. "Maybe it's because she's my friend . . . Look is there something I should know about? Do you not like it when I hang out with her or something?"

A frown took place on his lips. "No, no it's just that . . I thought you would take Brec or someone like her. I didn't know you two were that close."

I lifted my hand and placed it on his forehead cautiously. "You feeling ok?"

He removed my hand and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, why?"

I laughed slightly. "I met Harper when I was 9. We became close friends later that week, I'd say she was pretty close."

He raised his hand defence. "I'm just saying that you have closer friends."

I frowned. "Luke what's wrong with . . "

He pointing down the corridor. "Look some of your closer friends are coming now, bye . . . " He then ran off.

I saw Riley, Megan and Amanda all approaching me. I smiled "Hey girlies."

"I think your brother gets weirder everyday." Megan said laughing.

I scoffed. "Yeah, wanna trade?" I asked referring to Megan's 2 month old baby brother Thomas.

She folded her arms. "I don't think my parents would be too happy swapping their adorable baby boy for another hormonal teenager. Plus if we did, he'd be called Thomas Tomas. I wouldn't even wish that on my sworn enemy."

We all laughed

"How was your study date with Ryder last night?" Amanda asked wiggling her eyebrow suggestively as we all took off down the corridor.

I snorted. "I wouldn't call it a date. I don't really think I'm Ryder's type."

Riley smirked. "Oh really? What is his type then?" She asked.

I'd say he's more into the macho type." I said trying to hold in my laugher but failed miserably and ended cracking up with laughter.

Riley laughed awkwardly not getting what I found funny. "Macho? Why do I have the feeling there's something you ain't telling us?"

I started walking backwards so I could face the girls, trying to dodge people. "Well that's because there is."

With that I turned forward and walked away to my first class of the day.

~*~

"You're not supposed to be eating in class." I said moving closer to Ryder and whispering.