Chapter 34: Hating the bad boys name: Freeze the peas

Bree's PoV

"Right dude, this is your day I can feel it." Cole said rubbing Liam's shoulders

"Day for what?" I asked as I walked alongside the boys.

"Liam's gonna ask Aspen out." Ryder said.

My eyes widened "Shut the book, hang up the phone, freeze the peas, you're doing what?"

Liam sighed "Well thanks for having confidence in me Bree."

I shook my head. "I didn't mean it like that, I'm just shocked."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Well don't put your shocked negativity onto Liam here, he's already nervous enough."

Alec snorted "Well he's gonna get even more nervous because Aspen's walking this way with Megan and Brec."

Liam's eyes widened and he took off down the hall.

"What's his problem?" Aspen asked as she came near.

"He just remembered he had an assignment to hand in." Luke said

"I'll go see if he's um... handed it in." I said walking down the hall.

"I will too." Ryder said following after me.

"Liam." I shouted when we were far enough from our friends.

"Would you ever talk like a normal person?" Ryder asked as we both turned the corner.

I shrugged. "I could but normals boring. Who wants to be normal?"

"Bree you there?"

Ryder and I stopped walking as we heard a voice coming from the janitors closet.

"Liam is that you?" Ryder asked

Liam opened the door and ushered us both in.

I sighed. "Liam what was that?"

He raised his hands in defense "I'm sorry I just panicked."

Ryder rolled his eyes "Mate you need to man up, it's easy to ask out a girl."

"Will you show me? You ask Bree out." Liam said looking between both of us.

My eyes widened and my stomach went all funny at the thought of Ryder asking me out. "Excuse me?"

Liam sighed. "Please Bree. I know you don't like him like that but I need your help."

I mentally scoffed, if only I could tell you.

"I'm down if you are." Ryder suggested

I nodded "I'm down."

Ryder took my small hands into his large ones. "Bree, I've been feeling like this for a while now and there's something I really need to ask you."

I stared at his brown pupils as he stared back at mine. "Um, yeah s-sure what is it?" I stuttered out.

He sighed "Will you go out with me?"

I smiled slightly as my legs went a bit numb. This all felt so real. "Yeah, of course I will."

He then pulled me in for a hug and while he did that my lips brushed against his ear making him shiver.

We pulled apart and turned back to Liam. He just stared at us wide eyes.

I cleared my throat to get his attention. "Problem?" I asked

Liam shook his head "No, it's just that anybody who saw that would think that you two actually have feelings for each other."