My Reason--Chapter 4

(Y/N) - your name

(E/C) - eye color

(H/C) - Hair color

(F/C) - favorite color

____________________________________________________________________

**Peter's POV**

     After I was done being Spiderman for the night I quickly went into an alley and changed into my normal clothes and cleaned off my face. I walk back to the house and unlock the door. When I walk into the kitchen I see (y/n) and Aunt May sitting at the kitchen table. "Hey (y/n), what are you doing here?" I ask her. She gets up and starts packing up her stuff. "Oh don't worry, I was just leaving." Before I could say anything she left the house with the door closing behind her. I turn to Aunt May. "What was that about?" I ask her. She just shrugs her shoulders and starts preparing dinner. "Are you always going to shrug your shoulders or are ever going to tell me?" She sighs and looks up at me. "I'm sorry Peter. But you will find out in time. Now can you help me prepare dinner." I sigh and stand up from my seat and help her.

     As we were cooking, May broke the silence. "She's a very sweet girl Peter." I give her a confused look. "What?" She chuckles. "(Y/n). She's very sweet and really appreciates your friendliness. She will open up." She tells me. I nod. "I can tell you like her. Keep treating her like this and even a little better and she will open up quicker. She could really use a guy a like you as a boyfriend." I freeze and a blush forms on my cheeks. May chuckles. And pets my back before passing me into the dining room to set the table. When she walks back in she talks again. "Thank you Peter. Thank you for being there for her and being her friend.

**(y/n) POV**

     I returned to the orphanage and went to bed. I plan on coming over to Peter's and telling him that I'm an orphan. May says that she thinks it's time and that he wouldn't do anything mean. She also said that if he did that she would hit him and embarrass him. I chuckle at the thought of her running down the halls of school in a nightgown with curlers in her hair and bunny slippers, singing paparazzi.

    I can really see her doing that. Anyway I call Peter to ask him if I can come over. I listen to my phone ringing. "Hello?" Peter says when he picks up the phone. "Hey Peter. Are you doing anything right now?" "No. Except sitting in my room talking to you. Why?" He questioned me. "Oh well, um can I come over?" "Sure yeah. Is something wrong?" "No. Nothing's wrong." "Ok good. Yeah you can come over." "Ok thanks." I stuff my phone into my pocket and start my trek to his house. When I reached his house I took a deep breath and knocked on his door. He opened it with a worried expression on his face. "Don't worry it's not anything bad." I reassure him. "Well at least not to you." I mumble to myself thinking that he didn't hear me, but he did. "WHAT!?!" "Oh you heard that." I say. "Of course I heard it. Now what's wrong. I take a deep breath. "Can I come in first?" I ask him. "Sure." He says and steps aside to let me in. I walk in and take a seat on his couch. He takes a seat next to me. He's fairly close but not too close. I take another deep breaths and speak. "Well, the reason that I don't let you take me home is because ....uh... Hey are you thirsty because I'm quite thirsty." I try changing the subject. He gives me a stern look. "(Y/n) don't try changing the subject." He told me sternly. I sigh and try again. "I don't let you take me because I'm.... I'm an orphan." I see shock plastered on his face. "Oh." He looks down at his hands. I start feeling that it was a mistake. I groan and pick up my bag and stand up. "I really regret this." I mumble. I start walking towards the door when a hand grabs my wrist. I look back at Peter. He had sadness plastered on his face. He starts to pull me back to the couch and I take a seat next to him. I look down at me feet. "I'm so sorry (y/n)." He said. I look up at him with surprise. "It's ok Peter it's not your fault." I told him with reassurance. "So that means you live in an orphanage. Is that why you don't want me dropping you off there?" He asks. I nod. When that's only part of it. I don't want him to see the other orphans or ms Daniels because I will be picked on more and ms Daniels won't let him come to see me and make my life even worse. He hugs me and says "don't worry. I'm here for you and I won't allow anyone else to know." I tense under his hug because I'm not used to it but I soon relax and hug him back. As we pull back I smile. "Thanks you and Aunt May already knows." I told him. "Oh so you tell my aunt before your own best friend." He pouts. I chuckle. Ring ring ring. My phone goes off. I stand up and put up my pointer finger signalling that it will only just take a second. He nods his head. I Answer the phone and before I can even say anything I can hear ms Daniels yelling at me. "WHERE ARE YOU!?!? MY BOYFRIEND WAS JUST HERE AND YOU ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND TO CLEAN THE STUPID PLACE. GET HOME NOW AND CLEAN ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING AND YOU ARE GROUNDED AND ARE GOING TO GET IT WHEN I GET BACK!!" She yells at me. Before I could respond she ends the call. I walk back over to Peter and pick up my bag. "Sorry Peter, I have to go." I start to walk out when he hugs me. I hesitantly hug him back and when we let go I leave. It feels really good to know that Peter still accepts me now that he knows I'm an orphan. I walk to the orphanage with a spring in my step. When I reach the front door I soon realize how much abuse I'm going to get tonight. My shoulders slump and I prepare myself for the beating. When I open the door I am hit with pain in my shoulder. I look up to see that ms. Daniels had whipped me in the shoulder with a belt. She grabs me by the same shoulder and shoves me into my room. She pushes me against the wall and takes an empty wine bottle and throws it at me. It hits the wall right above me head. The glass shards hit and scratch me. I just laying the ground. She stomps up to me and slaps me multiple times and kicks me in the stomach a couple times. The last kick has so much force that I'm pretty sure she almost broke a rib. She walks out and slams the door. I think she was dumped by her boyfriend. I just lay there for the rest of the night. I have school in the morning.