Nonsense--Chapter 20

**Y/n's POV**
I woke up in a panic. My whole body jumping up. "What? Where am I?" I asked as tears continued streaming down my face. Peter rushed over. "Shh. Y/n calm down. Your just at my house. Do you know why you blacked out?" He asked me while he sat next to me. I shook her head no when that was a total lie.
    I do know why I blacked out. I made too many portals lately and it drained me and, along with that I was physically hurt twice, in the same hour. You may be asking how I made too many portals well here is a list. In the morning, Ms.Daniels was hung over so I made a portal from my room out to an alley by the school. Then I realized that I forgot an essay back in my room. So I made a portal back to my room, grabbed the essay and made a portal back. Then at lunch I had to make a portal from the bathroom stall I was in to the outside, out of sight so I wouldn't have to pass Vanessa. Then I had to make one back to the bathroom after lunch. Then I made one from the alley back to the orphanage. 6 Today and not to mention, I made 6 or more portal yesterday.
     While I was thinking this over in my head, Peter seemed to be talked to me. "Y/n?" He asked. I broke out of my daze. "Hm?" I hummed in recognition. He lightly chuckled. "I was asking if you wanted to have dinner here? Since you know, I don't think your ready to walk all the way back to the orphanage after that." Peter suggested while rubbing the back of his neck. He seemed nervous but I don't know why.

**time Skip**
We had finished eating dinner and I helped May and Peter clean the dishes. At one point I saw Peter staring at me, but I don't know why. And at one point, I also, kind of, uh stared at him for a little. "Okay. Thanks for dinner guys. But I really must be going." I saw and start moving towards the door. "No wait!" Peter said and grabbed my wrist. I slightly winced but tried to hide it. And luckily Peter didn't seem to notice. I glanced up at him. His hand retreated off my wrist and back to his side. "I was going to ask If you would like for me to come with you? I mean, just to make sure nothing happens and that your safe." Peter said. I blushed. He was being so kind. To me! "Uh, Peter, I think I'll be fine. You don't need to come with me. If anything happens, I'll call." I politely decline. "No really I should come with you." He tried again. Then we kind of went back and forth about why he should come and why he shouldn't. Aunt may appeared in the hallway. "Peter, dear. What's all this about? I thought you were going to escort y/n back home." Aunt may said. I looked at her. "No, he doesn't have to. I can handle myself." I tell them. Aunt may waves her hand dismissively. "Oh nonsense. He should come with. He just wants to look after you." She says. I look at her with surprise. Why is she on his side?! She knows about what goes on at the orphanage, I don't want Peter to find out! I sigh. "Uh, i guess you can come." I say and open the door and step out of their house with Peter right behind me.