6 - First Date Part Two

Comment, Fan, Vote, Enjoy (:

***

Chapter 6: Ryan         

            “Wipe that idiotic grin off your face, Ryan. It's really starting to creep me out.” Kendall mumbled, slamming the puck directly into my goal. “Score.” He said yawning, obviously bored to death. “Are you even paying attention?! Man, I've beating you five games in a row and you're the one that's the freaking king of air hockey.”

            I shook my head, but the thoughts of yesterday night's date and of the beautiful Jewels couldn't come out. I've tried focusing my mind on something else which was why I called over Kendall to hang out down at the nearby arcade, but it still didn't seem to work. I'm also living off of two hours of sleep because of some certain person. I didn't know girls could have so much control of my mind and heart, let along a girl like Julie. I felt the swift breeze on my hands only to realize that Kendall scored...again.

            “Come on! I'm dying here!” He groaned so I put him out of his misery by side shooting the puck cleanly and sharply into his goal. “FINALLY!” He shouted, throwing his hands up in the air and screaming hallelujah, making me forget for a split second as I laughed, before she came back into my mind without an invitation...not that I cared.

            Yesterday was a date I could never even dreamt of, but I'm so glad I had lived it instead of it being a hopeless daydream. A word to describe that date? Unexpected. What I was hoping was for a classy tradition date like the ones you see all Hollywood upped on television with good food, small talk, and maybe a kiss at the end.

            What I got was a carefree night with a beautiful brunette in a crazy diner that included improv karaoke and the best French onion soup on the face of the earth. It also came with hearty, teasing conversations, but some serious down-to-earth ones about the haunting past. She was able to open up more, while I kept mine low profiled. Yeah, this Daniel kid made me curious, but it hurt Julie at the slight mention of his name, so I decided not to push it. The past is the past; let's leave it at that. I didn't even get my good night kiss, but got a peck on the cheek, her soft lips still slightly imprinted there even if it had been twenty-four hours.

            The moment she moved away, I've been wanting more and I knew that she wanted me to be tortured in suspense, but maybe there was a different reason behind it. Maybe she just wasn’t ready. I should know; I probably wasn’t either. Even if I had made the first move, it was with uncertainty and a what if I didn’t? thing. I’m kinda glad she decided to break it off. Saving the first kiss for a more special, more breathtaking moment was better when we both we ready. It would be unexpected, unexpected but perfect.

            Are you picking up how sappy I am right now; it's the love bug talking right now...I think. Another whoosh, another point for Kendall and I decided to take this chance to attempt to push Jewels away from my mind just long enough to beat Kendall. I guess if you can’t get someone out of your mind, maybe they were supposed to be there...who am I to fight with that?

            Two hours and some fifty plus games later, Kendall and I were walking downtown, him holding a cheap “I Am Number One” plastic trophy he wanted when we traded our tickets in just so he could rub the victory in my face while I already had a trophy back home except mine was actually a living breathing girl. Kendall could be a kid sometimes, but that’s why he was my friend. He’s not afraid to stand out from a crowd, not wanting to lose touch of his childhood.