13 - No More Second Chances

^ Thanks for such a beautiful banner!

I know it's short for not uploading in two weeks...sorry :/

Comment, Fan, Vote, Enjoy ~

***

Chapter 13: Harmony

            The world suddenly stopped spinning in an instance. I knew from the moment he placed himself in front of my front door that he had found out about everything: my real name, the double life, the string of half truths and there was no turning back anymore. How? I didn't have the slightest clue. I had to fight though. Maybe Ryan could see that my love was real and that I felt the flying sparks and flushing cheeks each time I saw him. I couldn't go gentle for the one person who's made me feel like Harmony even though I know the odds are stacked against me and in favor of Ryan.

            “I want the truth Harmony. Now.” I didn't know what to say, trying to find some truth for him to believe, but the silence lasted a second too many and it had become unbearable for him to wait as he was already shaking his head and walking away.

            “Ryan!” My voice cracked and my heart shattering. “Please don't go.” This time my words were whispered instead of cried, but it still stopped him in his tracks. He turned around to look at me, but it seemed like he didn't know who I was. I didn't even know who I had become.

            This charade was only supposed to be a distraction, something to help me move on from the out of the blue breakup with Daniel, but as I grew more and more popular with every boy I strung along and played with, I couldn't just drop my newly existing life to go back to the socially deprived embarrassment it used to be. I should've though, should've stopped a long time ago. I can’t believe I let this get so out of hand, like a snowball falling downhill without a brake attached to it, just rolling and destroying anything in its path. Two years was far too long and the list of lies I've told in that span of time could be enough to circle the world twice, maybe a third time with the amount I've told Ryan these past months.

            “Like you care Harmony. Give me a reason why I shouldn't just leave and pretend this relationship wasn't just another one of your lies you had me falling for. Why should I stay any longer and get my heart broken even more?” He was right. I certainly would've walked away if I heard the same news and not give Pinocchio any time to come up with some pathetic excuse to try and cover the lies that have already grow obvious and visible, yet I was hoping Ryan wouldn't.

            As I was about to speak, about to throw myself at his heart and beg on my knees, a single wet drop fell upon my cheek. At first, I thought I was crying (I did get rather emotional as I learned over the course of our relationship), but I looked up into the sky to see the drizzle forming, covering me slowly from head to toe like I was in a washing machine during it's first misty cycles. We locked eyes, mine soon blurring with tears and raindrops. “Because I love you.”

            He ran his fingers through his hair, contemplating my pleas. The rain didn't light up, drenching his tux that began to cling onto his body. He still looked as beautiful as ever. My dress stuck onto my skin, the coldness and wetness seeping through the thinness of the fabric. I owed Cassidy one since this was her senior prom fashion statement.