CHAPTER 3

[HER POV]

"Banana pancakes!" I heard the chef saying as he rang the bell. Walking swiftly to the kitchen, I placed the order carefully onto the tray before carrying it to the respective customer.

You might be wondering, why do I still want to put up with that family of mine...wouldn't I be better off on my own? That's what I thought, and I do still believe.

In a few months, I would be free... With the money I earned from my part-time jobs, I should be able to live on my own. With the grades I'm getting in school, I could earn myself a full scholarship to pursue my education in a university.

I just need to wait a few more months...

"Chloe! There's customers at Table 6!" I heard the boss shouting from the cashier. Snapping out of my thoughts I hurried to the table.

"Is there anything else?" I asked before I placed the order to the chef.

"Why, aren't you that hoodie girl earlier.." I heard a bitchy girls' voice. I lifted my head to see, Regina.

"Hoodie girl? What do you mean?" a guy that is casually hooking his arm across Regina's shoulders began to question.

"Her..." she chuckled before she pulled her boyfriend close to her and began whispering stuff into his ears.

I walked away, slightly annoyed that she would still remember about that incident I had with Jin. Not only that, but actually deciding to tell it to someone irrelevant. I could swear I see a smirk forming on her boyfriend's face.

***

"Here," Regina's boyfriend said as he threw several bank notes onto the floor. "Your tip," he smirked.

"Go on! Pick it up!"urged Regina as she giggled, along with her few friends. "Don't you need your tip~~" she poked fun at me.

"Bend down at a 90 degree angle! Go on!" they continued.

I bent down to pick up the notes just like they asked. 

"Ugh, she is no fun..." Regina began as she yawned. "I'm out of here..." she said before she calls out, "Come on, babe!"

Strutting in her high heels, she walked out of the diner and slammed the door shut.

I got up to see her boyfriend eyeing me, merely smirking before he left to follow his girlfriend. What is wrong with these people, seriously.

***

I slipped the pay I got for this month into my bra before I exit the diner. I hurried back home before it gets any late because the later it gets, the darker the woods become.

I froze in my steps when I see a beaten up white truck parked right outside my house. That could only mean...

"Ah! Dad! She's back!" Cole shouted after my dad before he slung his bagpack over his shoulders and run down the steps. "Thanks by the way~"he whispered in my ears before he ran out to the streets.

What did he mean...

"Guys! My lovely daughter is back!" my father chuckled as he took a swig of his beer before he smacked his lips.

Big tough guys, covered in tattoos and piercings appear at the door and chuckled loudly. Like my father, they reek of alcohol and smoke.

I could feel my insides churn in sight of them. "I got to get to my room," I stated to them before I walked past them, upstairs. They stood dumbfounded for a moment but it wasn't for long.