CHAPTER 15

[HER POV]

"Hmm? What is this sensation.."  I thought to myself and a squishy tiny roll tumbled about on my hand.

I slowly forced my heavy eyelids open as I squinted towards the direction of my palm..only to see brown-haired Jimin rolling on them, trying to get my attention.

Softly, I stretched. Jimin immediately stopped rolling and sat up looking at me with enthusiasm in his eyes. He flashes his bright smile.

"You're finally awake~" Jimin chirped as he clapped his hands in glee. "I was running out of options on how to wake you up.."

"You can just call my name.." I mutter as I  rubbed my eyes, sitting up with my legs crossed.

Jimin pouted. "That's just plain and boring..."

I laughed at his statement. He just loves to do cute things without even realising it himself. That's, one of Jimin's many lovable charms.

***

It has been about a week since I stayed here in the woods with Jimin and Leo. It was fine since school holidays had started and my job at the diner's stopped as the owner went for a holiday.

I've been trying to find some other part-time jobs but in this deserted town of ours, it is pretty difficult. I've only managed to get a job as a newspaper delivery girl early in the morning.

So usually after that, Jimin would bring me to various of his favourite spots in the forest. He likes telling me about the beauty of nature and how it makes him happy to feel and breathe fresh air.

I too, feel like him in the forest. Calm, at ease and peaceful.

"Hakuna Matata, it means no worries..." I suddenly thought, out of the blue. (PS: J-hope..XDD)

Leo is extremely knowledgeable too. Through Jimin I get to know that Leo learns a lot about the herbs in the forest. He knows which herb to use to treat open wounds, fatigue and anything related to healing in general.

Both of them get along really well with the forest animals. Some, whom they call friends. I even got a chance to get really close to an antelope. I even managed to pet it and feed it some food.

They are such beautiful creatures that I feel extremely lucky to be able to meet them. Beautiful, inside-out.

Still, Leo couldn't look at me in the eye. He's been trying but always failed. I know. I can see the determination in his eyes.

***

"Ah, I'm so hungry," Leo mutter as he yawned and stretched.

"Hmm, I miss your pancakes so much, Chloe..." Jimin suddenly mention about it as he sighed.

"Pancakes? What are those?" Leo nudged Jimin on his arm, curious.

"Oh, they are those fluffy cakes which you slosh them with maple syrup and the taste is just Mmhm...heavenly..." Jimin described the simple food with awe and admiration and he blew kisses into the air.

Leo seemed embarrassed by Jimin's attitude that he merely shook his head.

"I could, make some if you like.." I suggested. This could be a great chance to let Leo open his heart a little bit more to accept me. I don't know why I care so much about how I appear in Leo's books. I think it is because, he is Jimin's friend and I just really want to do well..