CHAPTER 25

[HER POV]

I stare absentmindedly at the white ceiling as I lay on our bed. Jimin told me he is meeting up with Leo, as Leo have something to discuss with him it seems.

Good....I need some time to think about it myself...

Sighing, I grabbed a pillow and buried my face in it, screaming loudly for my voice to only be heard as a muffled cry.

It is as if somehow, a part of me knew it all along. We will never end up together, perfectly.

Which was why in the beginning when Jimin confessed to me, I was afraid to accept his feelings. I didn't want to get hurt. After all, we're both from two different worlds.

However, up till now, my time with Jimin has been nothing but happiness. I've experience genuine happiness when I spent my time with him.

He made me laugh. He made me feel protected. I was loved and cared for. Being with him, made me...

....happy

....a feeling I thought I was incapable of feeling anymore.

I will say that I never regret my choice of opening my heart to him, showing him the deepest, purest parts of me..

....the parts that I've learned to mask over the years, 

....the parts I have never shown to anyone,

....the parts I've kept hidden, all these while,

....my true fragile self.

I've mentally prepared myself then. I was ready if I were ever to get hurt. Even if it's by Jimin.

I was willing to love him. I was willing to take the risk. It was all...me. My choice.

I'm done waking up in tears, feeling my cheeks being wet, my pillow stained with my petty tears. I'm done crying for good. I'm done being weak. I'm done being scared...

...scared of losing him.

I will do everything I can to protect him, the one that I love. I won't think about losing him anymore. Treasuring the times we have together is what I would do. I am going to make more memories that we would both cherish.

I sighed as I head to the nightstand to grab a glass of water. As I watched the water swirling in the glass, I knew I have a choice.

Do I want him to forget about me,for Jimin to just return to being small? It is ok for me to just cherish on my own the times we have together? At least, he is still alive...in the woods. And that's fine enough for me.

I sure do not want him to disappear. Disappear into the thin air, as if he never existed.