CHAPTER 8

[HER POV]

Opening my eyes, I'm welcomed by the horrible state of my house's ceiling. There were molds growing at the far right corners of it. No matter how I dusted, our house falls victim to moss and mold.

I got up and stretched. Wincing at the sharp stinging pain that erupted from my arm, I remembered about my dad that hasn't returned for days. Or, I'm just lucky that when I'm home, he isn't.

That was what I was thinking when I heard a soft humming coming from my room window. I quickly got off my bed and slowly tiptoed to it. 

"You're finally awake?" Jimin sings happily. He is caring and watering my small potted cactus that I got from school. 

I nearly forgot that Jimin followed me home.  Teaching him the ways to tend to an injury, he learnt it quick and bandaged my arm neatly. 

We even stayed together for the night.I don't know why I agreed to that, but I just felt like it.

I smiled as I look at him. Being smaller than the cactus and yet he is so bright and happy. It is nice to actually have such a friend.

"Hey, let's go to school together!" Jimin suddenly suggested.

"Umm, wait what?" I raised both of my hands, shocked at that suggestion.

"Well, I'm curious about exactly what school is," Jimin argued. He then jumped off the ledge of my window and onto my right shoulder as he giggled in my ears, "Besides, I would like to stick with you 24/7,"

I blushed at that statement so easily that I felt mad with myself. "There isn't any hidden meaning with that statement, Chloe!" I mentally screamed at myself.

Jimin cocked his head to one side before he asked me, "Umm, what do you usually have for breakfast?"

I was about to ask him why when I heard his stomach churning. In one millisecond, Jimin turned red as a beetroot from top to bottom.

"That..that umm wasn't me.." he mumbled as he jumped off my shoulder and bury himself underneath my pillow.

I laughed at that cute sight. "I could make us some pancakes, just wait for a little bit," I said as I pulled the pillow off of him.

Curling up like a tiny ball, he looked up at my with puppy eyes, curiosity reflected off of his eyes as he mouthed, "Pancakes?"

***

"Here's your pancakes," I said as I placed the hot cakes in front of him. His eyes stare at the simple dish with awe and wonder. He clapped his hands together in glee when I poured the maple syrup over that heavenly food.

"This...this is really good!" Jimin commented in between mouthfuls of pancake. 

"Take it slow..." I mutter as I dig in to my own platter of pancakes.

I smiled as I stared at the little ball of sunshine wolfing down the plain pancakes. Despite being tiny, he has a rather big appetite!

"Jimin, I would like you to promise me one thing," I said as he ate his last mouth of pancakes.

"Anything~" he grinned widely.

"Please don't do anything to stand out when you're at school with me. Just..lay low, don't attract attention, get it?" I said, as I played with my fingers, extremely aware with how moist they are becoming due to my sweaty palms.

[AUTHOR'S POV]

"She wants me to be invisible.." That's what Jimin understood. If that's what she is comfortable with, that's what Jimin will do.