CHAPTER 5

[HER POV]

Climbing up the steps to the house, I swung the front door open and stepped in. "I hope they are not in,"I mutter and proceeded to ascend up the stairs before I heard a cough coming from the living room.

"Well, look who's home... how was last night out in the woods?" my father snickered. Despite having so much alcoholic drinks last night with his good-for-nothing friends, he seems to have the appetite for more alcohol as he took a swig of the beer he is holding in his hands.

"You are so drunk," I mutter before I took my first step on the flight of stairs. My father threw his beer on the floor. Heaving himself out of the couch, he trapped me; my back towards the wall as his hand slammed it. Eyeing me up and down, he smirked.

"Where is the respect I deserve as your father?" he growled 

I remained silent as I tried to suppress the fear rising up in me. To hide my weak self within, I forced myself to remain emotionless, my steely cold eyes staring back at him. 

I could feel every strand of hair on my body, standing up straight. Adrenaline coursed through my body, heightening my senses, preparing me for my next move.

 "Huh," my father snickered before he left me lying flat against the wall. With his back facing me, "You think you have grown a lot now, haven't you?"

He side-eyed me before he continued, "If you ever thought about reporting to the cops about me," He stormed towards me as whispered into my ears in his deep sickening voice, "Just remember, who will be your witness?" 

He slapped his knee and held his tummy as he doubled over in laughter. Biting my lip, I knew. 

What he said is true. Out in this town, nobody knows about my family. Nobody believes me, and even if they do, nobody dares to defy my father. They say my father is a lunatic. Everyone wants to protect their own family and what they love. What they really cherish.

So, I'm on my own. "I just have to endure a couple more months!" I lashed out at him before I slammed the front door shut and ran out of the house.

That's right.

I just have to put up with this for a couple more months.

I know I don't have the money for now, but I'll just work harder than I ever did. Damn that Cole!

Setting my mind straight, I ran all the way to school.

***

"Athos...Athos.." I mutter to myself as I picked several mythological books off of the bookshelves in the school library.

Placing the books on the table, I started speed reading through the books. 

~Athos from Greek Mythology, was one of the Gigantes , a being born from the blood of Uranus.~ 

  ~He joined the Gigantes in the war against the gods during the Gigantomachy. This eventually led to the demise of him, and all the other Gigantes.~ 

~He is most known for the creation of Mt.Athos, a mountain and peninsula in northern Greece, known as "The Holy Mountain", that is located in northern Greece.~

I sighed, extremely frustrated. What did Jimin meant by the fallen race of Athos? If Athos are giants, and Jimin is the fallen race, do you mean they turned tiny or what?