CHAPTER 13

[AUTHOR'S POV]

Startled by the sudden noise, Jimin jumped a little. Every single tiny hair on his body stood on its end, the impending sign of danger made his stomach lurched a little.

"How could one human be so aggressive yet wield so much force and power..." Jimin thought to himself before he was yet shocked by the loud banging sound as Chloe's bedroom door slammed against the plastered wall.

Slowly, Jimin peeked by lifting his head slightly higher than the table drawer. The dude, towering over Chloe that is slumped on the wooden floor, reeks of alcohol and cigarettes.

"Who's that?" Jimin hushed, hopefully to catch Chloe's attention.

However, Jimin knew Chloe is no longer listening to anything. He could sense that Chloe is in danger. Chloe's mind is a messed up land of chants and fear.

"I have to help her," Jimin mumbled to himself as he searched around, frantically for anything to be used as a weapon.

A shiny silver metal glints underneath the light provided by the single light bulb hanging in the room made Jimin pounced for it. "This should do," he held it appreciatively within his tiny palms.

[HER POV]

"What's with that look, dear Chloe?" he hissed as he bent down to match my eye level. Me, who is worthless, useless and aimless on the floor.

His tobacco-infested fingers took a couple strands of my hair before he tucked down behind my ears. Pulling my ears close to his stinky breath, he whispered " What's with this welcoming look? Have you been misbehaving, Chloe?"

He chuckled before he stood up, towering over me. Slowly, he unbuckled his belt as he drawled, "Say, it has been long since you gave me a full report about you studies, am I right, our dear daughter Chloe?"

A metal pin fell off my table and rolled on the wooden floor, spiraling in circles before it came to a stop.

Squinting his eyes at that worthless pin on the floor, my father smirked and bent down to pick it up. "Haven't I told you to keep your stuff well, Summers?"

He placed the pin back into my knitting basket before he turned to look at me, "You could get hurt, you know, baby?" 

He laughed out loud and slapped his knee before he continued, in between laughs, "Although, you are definitely going to get hurt now,"

"Now, KNEEL!!" he shouted furiously at me. His temper is coming back again. Shaking terribly, I forced myself to sit upright facing him but casting my gaze on the wooden floor.

He threw the cigarette butt at one corner of my room before he yanked my hair back. "Now, what did you learn in school, today?" he sneered.

[AUTHOR'S POV]

The pin Jimin held in his hands as he prepared for attack slipped through his fingers and fell onto the floor.

"That's...her father," It took Jimin awhile to process that as he remembered about Chloe's family and her background. 

He knew about it. He heard it from her.

But he didn't know it was this bad.

Jimin know that he had promised Chloe that he would lay low and not draw any attention to himself. It is a sacred trust that he had vowed with Chloe.