CHAPTER 7

[HIS POV]

Playing with the baby birds in the birdnest, Jimin ensured that none of the babies fall from their little nest. "Aren't you guys hungry?" Jimin said as he smiled, looking at them chirruping. 

The sky had turned dark. A storm is brewing. Jimin knew because he could smell the misty wind and the way the wind sounds as the swept across the forest, shaking the leaves of the trees in the process. 

He immediately got up and bid goodbye to the baby birds. So that he will not get soaked in the rain, he decided to retreat for the day.

A sound far away made Jimin's ears perk up. "There shouldn't be any animals in that part of the forest," Jimin thought to himself. Being part Athos, Jimin has great hearing. He can hear sounds from as far as 3000 miles away.

Jimin jumped off the tree and leaned himself close to the ground. Placing his ear on the ground, he tried to focus on the foreign sounds coming from that part of the forest. He heard shuffling noises and even some screaming. "Something is not right," Jimin mutter to himself and he began to take off, running towards there.

What if, that's Chloe?

[HER POV]

"JIMIN!!" I shouted with all my might.

My brother, Cole merely smirked at my desperate attempt to call for help. "I'll end this quick for you, mother.." he chuckled as he raised the knife, yet again.

A dark shadow loomed over us. It stretches tall and wide, just like a giant. A loud booming sound comes next, from deep inside the woods. It surrounds us, as if coming from all directions.

"LET GO OF HER, IF YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS FOREST ALIVE!

DROP YOUR WEAPON, TURN AROUND AND LEAVE...

AND WE WILL SPARE YOU AND YOUR MISERABLE LIFE"

Terror was evidently seen in Cole's eyes. Shivering, he dropped the knife, grabbed his bag and ran. He muttered curse words along the way, kicking earth and leaves as he ran.

My muscles relaxed and for the first time, I felt the pain the knife had brought to me on my arm. "Ugh,"I mutter unknowingly as I clasp my hand over the cut part.

"Are you ok?" 

I looked up to see Jimin jumping off a nearby tree, carrying some sort of leaf.

"Ji...Jimin.."I sighed in relief as I see him running towards me. He slowly removed my hand and pressed the leaf onto my wound. "Ow.." I mutter and I felt the pain.

"Sorry, but just bear with it. This herb can help your blood to coagulate and form the blood clot," Jimin explained. After a few minutes, he removed the herb and buried in near a tree.

"You still need to apply proper medication when you get home. You humans, have some..medicine, right?" he asked as he gazed into my eyes.

He noticed the shock I have been through as well as the relief that I felt from seeing him as it was reflected off my glassy eyes. He immediately jumped onto my shoulder and stroked my hair, calming my nerves in the process. "Shh..it's fine now, you're safe"