CHAPTER 14

[AUTHOR'S POV]

"Ji....Jimin?" Leo hushed as Jimin pushed open the door of their home.

"YOU'RE BACK!" Leo jumped up and ran to Jimin with open arms. Envelop Jimin in a hug, Leo did, due to him missing his buddy after so long.

After Leo released Jimin from their buddy hug, he held Jimin by his shoulders and shook him with all his might, "You jerk! How could you leave me for so long?!"

Jimin could only managed a tiny sly smile as Leo began looking at him with anger in his eyes, "So what?"

Crossing his arms, Leo judged Jimin. "It must have been terrible that's why you came back. Why? Did she reject you? Or worse....did she dump you!?"

Leo feigned a sharp gasp before he coughed, "But...you don't really seem particularly sad.." Leo walked over to their tiny wooden kitchen counter before he poured himself some sky juice, "Tell me man..what's up,"

Jimin just stood there and shrugged. Biting his lip, he wondered how is he ever going to tell this piece of news to his friend. After all, Leo isn't exactly human-friendly.

"Umm..Ji..Jimin?"

Leo cocked his head in the direction of that feminine voice. Through their front door that is slightly ajar, Leo caught a large figure docking immediately.

"Don't tell me.." Leo began to hush.

"Wait...wait..Leo..I can explain!" Jimin began to move forward, stretching his arms out to stop Leo from walking towards the door.

Leo, being a couple millimeters taller than Jimin, manage to shove Jimin aside as he went to their front door and swung it open.

He is shocked by the size of the girl he laid his eyes upon. She is like thousand times bigger than they are. Wearing a white floral printed dress, she quickly turned around to look at him as she heard their door being opened.

Leo's eyes immediately widened. He quickly slammed the door shut and rested his weight against the door. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead. His palms even turned sweaty.

Jimin could not deny that despite Leo's such reaction, he could notice the faint shade of pink appearing on Leo's cheeks.

"Dude..are..you okay?" Jimin slowly approached Leo as he tried to stiffle a giggle.

"You...brought her here?" Leo finally voiced out after calming down his nerves. Leo has never seen a human before. He has only heard about them. And what they did. The very thought of that scares him.

He has only seen the destruction humans brought to their peaceful forest. He never known about the compassion nor the love that humans are able to convey. To him, humans are plain reincarnations of the devil himself.

But he has yet to see a female human before. She is pretty..though

"How could you.." Leo mutter. His shoulders sag and his back hunched. Gloomy, Leo couldn't face his friend.

Jimin walked to Leo and patted his back. "She's Chloe, bro....She is different. Very different from the ordinary humans we've only seen. Trust me. Give her a chance...."

Leo looked up at Jimin, trying to see where he is going with this. "She has no where else to go..."

Leo closed his eyes hard and appears to be deep in thought. Finally, he sighed and said as he raises his hands, " Fine. Do whatever you want. But don't expect me to have a good relationship with her for I'm not planning to..."

Jimin smiled widely. He jumped up and down and shook Leo with all his might. "Thank you, Leo! You are my best buddy..."

"Whatever.." Leo mutter as he shrug and went back to his study room.