CHAPTER 27

[HER POV]

"Chloe...? Chloe?"

My head pounded. It hurts like hell. I hear someone calling out my name. It took me lots of effort to finally open my eyes, light pouring in, making me wince from the brightness.

"Chloe? Are you ok?" I felt a large, warm pair of hands patting me on my arm. Still squinting my eyes from the blinding white light, I tried to identify the person next to me.

"Where..am I?" I breathed, my vision still blurry as my eyes have yet to adjust to the sudden light. I could only here his voice, forming echoes around me.

"You're in a hospital..." the man answered, as he reached out and shook me lightly, trying to wake me up from a trance.

I blinked rapidly. "You...Nam...joon..Namjoon?" I exclaimed,a little surprised and shocked.

Namjoon smiled as I recognised him and he muttered under his breath, "Oh, thank god..you recognised me..."

I tried to sit up from my lying position in bed, wanting to see him more, as it's been long since I last saw him.

I wobbled and my head throbbed yet again. Hissing, I held my pounding head with my hands, eyes shut as it hurts so fricking bad.

"No..no..Chloe...stay down, you're still weak..." Namjoon utter as he assists me to lie back down. I nodded as I could feel my whole body being jelly.

Suddenly, I'm hit with a wave of nausea. I got up and covered my mouth, feeling nauseous, the pounding feeling in my head, isn't subsiding.

I reached out and touched Namjoon's hand. He immediately understood,got up, and grabbed a glass of water for me.

Downing the drink in one shot, I grimaced as the pain persists. "Namjoon..it..it hurts.." I mutter.

Closing my eyes tight, I see flashes of images, blurry. The familiar surroundings of trees, flowers...birds...The beautiful sunlight pouring through the canopy of the forests, the fireflies in the dark, the sound of the flowing river waters...

My head felt immensely heavy as I crashed back down onto the bed, burying my head in the pillow, wanting the pain to stop.

For some reason, my heart ached as well. It was as if someone took my heart away from me, and now it is yearning, aching, in pain. I clenched my chest area with the palms of my sweaty hand, breathing heavily.

Why am I seeing these images and feeling this pain?!

"Chloe...are you ok? I'm going to get the doctor.." Namjoon stutter as he stood up abruptly and rushed out of my hospital room.

My lips still feel parched, my throat dry. I reached out to grab the glass and fill it with water.

Only, it slipped from my careless hand and shatter into a million pieces on the floor. "Oh shit,"I cursed under my breath.

As I stood there, debating on how to clear it up with a pounding headache, a person came beside me. He squat down and picked up the broken pieces.

I stood up wobbly and slowly glanced up at the helpful stranger. "Thank..."I was about to say when I gasped, my hands covering my mouth as I looked at his face.

"Hey, sis..." he mutter as he shrug at me.

"Cole?!" I breathed, taking in the sight of him. He actually look slightly lean and healthier. Unlike last time when he did drugs...and..

My head pounded furiously again and I exclaimed in pain.

"Sis, are you ok?!" Cole exclaimed as he held me firmly.