Chapter 26

Silence, deafening silence stretches throughout the cabin, the door doesn't even make a sound as Matty prys it open, peering down the hallway and then back at me. He gestures for me to stay still as he exits the room and I listen quietly for his footsteps as he moves farther away from me into the darkness of the unlit hall but not even his steps made sound.

A few minutes later he renters to my temporary room and quickly ushers me towards the bed, pushing me to sit down at the edge of the mattress as his eye scans the room, settling on the duffle bag Dylan left behind for me. Silently he marches over to the corner and rummages through the bag, yanking out a pair of socks and throwing it at me. I stare at it then at him and he rolls his eyes, tapping the black watch on his wrist before walking back to the door and hovering between the hallway and the room.

After sticking my feet into the pair of black socks I meet him in the hallway and he immediately pushes me behind him, crouching a little and pulling me to do the same before proceeding to walk. I stumble having a hard time hunching and walking simultaneously and he stabilizes me, gravitating to the wall to give me better leverage before continuing.

"Matty," I whisper and his head snaps to look at me in slight panic before he accesses that I'm fine and shushes me once more. I follow behind wordlessly until a floor board creaks. I turn my head slowly not wanting to see those cold eyes staring at me however Matty does the opposite and his head turns hastily eyes instantly hardening.

I swallow loudly before Matty changes our positions so he is now stood to the front of me, facing the other direction than we were initially and I peer around him to see Dylan reaching to turn on the light in the hallway. He looks sleepy yet alert as he snickers at Matty.

" Uh uh uh, you can't have her mate. Pass her over to me and I'd let you leave in one piece, we can pretend that this never happened," he states rubbing his neck and flashing us his teeth. Matty tenses but doesn't speak so Dylan carries on further.

"Owe! Come on love I haven't got all day." He points his finger at me and beckons me over. I grip onto Matty's black jersey and wince at the sound of Dylan's voice, clearly disapproving of my choice. He steps closer and Matty copies his movement while I try desperately to keep myself from hyperventilating.

"F*ck off yeah ? You're in way over your head." Matty spits out through clenched teeth, pushing me back a little as if to say don't advance forward with him so I take a step back.

Dylan notices and just as he is about to speak the deadbolted front door swings open. The next few minutes pass by in a blur and before I could even decipher the disoriented figure running in the doorway towards me Matty and Dylan both fall flat on the ground at my feet, this time Dylan is on top of Matty throwing solid punches straight to his jaw.

I release a deafening scream both their head snaps towards me however Matty uses the opportunity to push Dylan off him, messily climbing onto him and returning the favor before screaming at me. "September go! Danny f*cking get her out !"

Danny ? I feel his cold hands around my wrist yanking me towards the door with him and I follow picking up pace to keep up with him, spearing a few glances back at Matty to see both men on their feet sizing each other up.

I instantly begin to panic " What are you doing ? You have to stop them! Let go of me Danny! Stop them !" I scream struggling to get out of his hold he grunts and flings his arms over my shoulder hauling me to a black jeep where two other men dressed in all black much like Matty and Danny stand on high alert. What the hell is going on in my life?

"Okay okay I'd stop them!" He breathes throwing his hands in the air dramatically after opening the back seat of the car and shoving me to sit. "Stay with her," he orders the slightly less bulky guy out of the two, nodding his head in my direction. I look at him and then at muscles over there and groan. Danny and dude number two goes running back into the house and muscles climbs in the other side of the Jeep, shutting the door behind him. He looks at me and I shiver leaning further into my door.

"Trust me I mean you no harm, Matty would have my head on a silver platter!" He chuckles just as the sound of boots cruching against leaves echo around us and three men holding guns go rushing up the stairs and into the house. "Sh!t" is all he says, casually leaning back in his seat.

"Sh!t! What do you mean 'sh!t'? That's four against three !" I screech and his hand slaps over my mouth pushing me to duck just as two more men run past the Jeep and up the stairs. Judging by the fact that we are hiding from the men I presume they are of no help to us.

"I'm Marco by the way. " he states calmly in the midst of all this and I see red. He notices and chuckles, patting my head, laughing louder as I swat his hand away, angryly."They can hold their own, princess." He smiles and just like that as if to prove his point, Danny comes running towards the car. He jumps into the driver's seat, turning the car on and driving forward.

" What are you doing ! Where is Matty?" I question quickly. He ignores me and the car stops I look out the window to see Matty holding the other guy up, the sight of all the blood alarms me but Marco number two just climbs into the passenger seat and Matty climbs in the back with me. Danny rushes off as soon as they both tumble in the car and I watch on as acres of trees fly past us, my glare shifts to Matty and he grins, teeth and all.

"Hello love."