Chapter 33

The aureate lighting spins above my head- once, twice and a third time so incredibly beautiful and completely mezmerizing that it takes me a second to realize the light isn't spinning but I am well I'm more so being twirled in circles across a white floor with specks of gold dust trapped in the milky elegance of the floor. Laughter erupts from within me and I throw my head back in pure bliss as I stare at the light rushing by. It's a wonder I haven't become dizzy but I don't stop with every turn I make it feels like a new cell in my body is being awaken and the more I turn the more alive I become.

To caught up in the vortex of my mind I loose my footing and the sole of my silver ballet flats stabs into the black leather shoe adorning my poor partner's feet- I've never been one for dancing save for a few drunken nights, he winces but his gentle hold around my waist tightens to a protective grip as he steadies me. "Clumsy as ever my sweetheart, but you need not worry, never for I've got you now, I've still got you."

His palm which was resting weightlessly across my upper back releases me to allow him to tuck two fingers under my chin for him to tilt my head up slightly and suddenly I'm drowning in the depths of the ocean frozen in place by ice cold water and staring helplessly at the water bubbles that flees and leave me for the surface while I sink they shimmer like a thousand diamonds. His eyes so stunningly blue- even esteem captains throw caution to the wind crashing into icebergs with fingers crossed that their ships sink into him, passengers and all.

"You know of me?" He whispers- the man from the picture as he moves effortlessly across the floor as though I didn't just stamp his toes to fractures, is it possible to fracture your toe? My heart is racing and my palms begin to sweat he takes my right glove covered hand and brings it to his lip, placing a chaste kiss across my knuckles before leading me off the floor. I find my voice this time and answer his question stating that I know nothing of him, not even his name.

He doesn't answer immediately only glances at me before pushing open a ridiculously large iron wroth door which gleams gold as we move through it and into a dimly lit room with a table that can easily seat twenty people although there's only placement of food for two. The room's a bit cold despite the fire place at the far left corner he takes note of this as he pulls out my seat and patiently asks me to sit before he flicks his wrist at a young woman dressed in red who nods before scurrying off. The glass table is covered in delicacies a meal to fit the king or in his case the incredibly wealthy.

"Kaspian" his name seems familiar like an old song. "I've missed dancing with you, I've missed you finding joy in the blur of light as I lead you across our floor." He's speaking to me but staring at his glass that's filled with red wine. I don't know what to say to him so I just test his name on my tongue and he smiles pouring me a glass. The lady in red rushes over to me with a coat, made of cotton in a light lavender color that smells of dusted roses.

"Thank you Herina," I say while eagerly grasping the item out of her hand she tenses and Kaspian laughs a breathy laugh filled with relief. How can I know her name? I skitter away from the table but he doesn't seem alarmed instead be smiles at me mouthing what looks like 'for now' to me.