Chapter 6

I jump out of my skin when I step out of the room and Matty is standing against the wall.

"I didn't want to interrupt, but are you ok? " he watches me with cautious eyes and I nod faking a polite smile to try and hide my racing heart.

"I'm fine." I discretely close the door behind me and look up at Matty.

"That isn't what I asked, I asked if you're ok." he shoots me a glare and my body moves faster than my mind as I wrap my arms around his torso. Gravely trying to grasp any indication that I'm still here, that I'm still on this earth, that I didn't fade away. He wraps his muscular arms tightly around me and drops his chin onto my head. I feel his legs slipping to the ground and with a gentle tug he pulls me down with him cradling me on his lap passing his fingers through my hair not saying a word but yet speaking so loudly. We stay like that for awhile, silent the only sound to be heard is the rhythmatic thumping of Matty's heart. My fingers tremble as I place my hand over my heart.

"It beats the same way September, our hearts it beats the same way." he says placing his thumb underneath my chin to tilt my head up to look at him.

"I don't expect you to trust me with whatever you have locked up inside there for years now." he says placing his hand over mines so both our hands are resting on my heart.

"Not yet anyway." he says and cracks a smile.

"But September you are to young to let the world break you." Matty looks into my eyes and I fear that he sees beyond the blue and into the dark.
I look down trying to avoid his stare.

"Just try and let the words I said before be your anchor to stop you from drowning in your own mind." he says as his arms drop from around me and he pulls himself up offering me his hand.

"OK enough with the heavy I'd be back to pick you up at eight wear something pretty." he winks at me before leaving.

I feel like a complete idiot and I am so mortified by that embarrassingly cliche moment that I pray to the heavens that Antelica reaches back before then so that I can have her think of a way to bail me out of..... whatever it is Matty has planned.