Chapter 13

**Matty's p.o.v. **

She shivers as we step out of the building and I debate whether or not I should give her my coat. I want to I really do, I want to make her happy and keep her safe I have only known her a couple days now but she ignites this unfamiliar feeling in me. September seems... different I saw her vulnerable and although she didn't tell me what was wrong I had to ability to calm her down. Fuck you Danny for introducing me to her.

"Are you in a gang?" Wait what ? My jaw immediately locks and I choose to ignore her question as we pull onto the freeway. She asks again this time her voice comes out even slower and I smile like the asshole I am at her failed attempt to intimidate me.

"I don't think that's any of your concern darling." she laughs taking me off guard but I quickly recover and ask her what's so funny. Her laugh was dry and held no emotion. I'm staring out the windshield but I have a clear image of the deep scowl on her face right now. She reaches in the back seat and retrieves her sweater that she took off before we went inside, putting it on and pulling the sleeves over the bruises and I can't help the anger that rebuilds in me. I'm angry at myself for letting that asshole get to her and I'm infuriated at myself for being selfish and dragging her into this.

" Are you ok,  how far did he go, did he hit you?" the worry is evident in my voice. I sound like a fucking pussy.

"Um h-he just held me down on the floor and ripped my tank open, groped me for a little while, rubbed himself against me and took some pictures." she is speaking to me but her mind is far away and her tone is sarcastic. I should of killed the prick. Pictures, pictures?

"He took pictures of you?" she hiccups out a yes and I decide not to push the topic any further I'd send Adam to deal with the picture tomorrow.

She surprises me by speaking up again, " It keeps replying in my head and I want to be angry, I want to hate Dylan but I can't." I glance over at her and she is staring out the windshield barely blinking. I pull into her parking lot and shut the car off before asking her why.

"His actions were wrong they were terrible but his eyes held sympathy and pleading I can't explain it." Her eyes are on me now and she stretches her hand over to me and her trembling fingers runs over my blistered knuckles.

"Come on let's get the cleaned up." She opens the door and walks up the driveway looking back to make sure I'm following.

**September's p.o.v**

Inside the house is pitch black and freezing I quickly scurry to turn on the lights and heat. There's a note on the counter top from Antelica so I guess I'm home alone tonight well after Matty leaves that is. I feel hands wrap around my waist and I push the idea of it being Dylan out of my thoughts when Matty scent engulfs me.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you in time." he states leaving a trail of kisses down my neck and I'm shocked by his forward action. My insides are erupting in a fit of butterflies and I can't help but feel a little bit of ease knowing that Matty is interested in me enough to give me his time and now his affection.

I spin around to face him taking his hands in mine and leading him to the bathroom. I motion for him to sit as I kick the toilet seat down and reach for the first aid kit on the top shelf of the bathroom cabinet. His words cloud my mind as I rub a moist  cloth over the dried up blood. 'I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you' I shake it off and finish up cleaning his cuts before walking to the kitchen to get a ice pack.

"Place it on the bruising on your stomach." he smiles at me silently thanking me. I gawk at his perfectly toned body and how his muscles strain under his skin as he disregards his t-shirt. I take the time to admire the random splashes of inked thrown across his torso and I step closer to him tracing over the one on his lower stomach it's actually beautiful, a rose that states 'we are'. I don't question the meaning of any and he seems pleased as he eyes me intently, he pulls my hands up and places soft lingering kisses on all of my fingers.

"I'm not a bad person September please don't distance yourself from me." I pull my hand out of his and and try to ignore the emotion that flashes  on his face. I'd never judge him for whatever he does to put bread on his table but I'm uncertain I want to put myself in 24/7 danger. I know I'm jumping to conclusions and I need to stop and give Matty a chance he has my best interest in heart and he seems too sweet to have his own gang. Because beating someone to a pulp without hesitation is so sweet, my subconscious smugly sneaks in her opinion. I turn away from Matty only to be met by my reflection. The mirror instantly injects trauma into my veins as I focus on the t-shirt I have on. Matty shifts behind me in the mirror and stands to his feet he tilts his head in concentration. I feel his touch on me and I want to melt at how cautiously his fingers trail over the hem of the t-shirt but I'm trapped in my own mind as my breathing accelerates and my skin burns wanting to be rid of my attackers germs that are left behind all over my pale skin but I can't move, my body isn't functioning. In one swift motion I'm stripped free of Dylan's t-shirt and I'm no longer restricted, my breathing slows and my mind calms down. I no longer wear poison. I reach for a towel to hide my barely covered chest and turn around to thank Matty. He steps back and looks at me with confusion written clear on his face and I think I might of even saw dissapointement, which isn't a surprise I'm sure Matty has seen a lot of better bodies.

"What are those scars on your stomach September?" he chokes out and I look down to see that my concealer no longer covers the marks.

"Just the past." I mutter out before walking out of the room.