Chapter 17

I silently huff forcing my legs to jog down the driveway before Matty can pick his jaw off the floor and follow me. My initial plan was to ask Matty to show me where the ice cream store was and try to form some sort of understanding between us. You know like I won't tell the police just stay away from me. I'm not worried about him telling anyone what he saw me do to myself he seems appalled by emotions so I can't see him confronting my cousin to tell her that I am self inflicting pain on myself.

Instead I punch in the information I want to find out into my phone and I'm granted with the directions to 'Sours ice cream shop' just a few blocks down. Such a odd name.

"September." His voice echoes through the wind causing my head to snap to the side just in time to see him walking down the driveway. I contemplate what my next move is for awhile. If I run it will only boost his already cocky ego, that I am somehow wounded by the fact that he only stuck around me for money but if I don't he'd get the impression I'm weak.

I turn to look at him one last time before hastily walking onto the sidewalk, I can hear my name being called faintly the futher away I get from him. By the time I stumble down the second block the weather has transformed and the morning sky is now graced with grey clouds. I pick up speed once I feel the first water droplet on my already cold skin. Just great.

A block later I'm pushing through the glass doors of 'Sours'. The warmth of the building surrounding me. I release a frustrated huff as I pull my hair into a pony tail. Everything and everyone in this darn neighborhood  is starting to get on my nerves. Do not get me wrong I love this weather but not when I'm drenched in it.

"Can I help you love?"  A guy about my age walks over to me pulling his blonde hair into a ponytail while smiling at me. He works here judging by his uniform and name tag. His face holds an amused grin as he nods his head towards a empty seat. My sanders leave a wet trail behind as I follow him, my body makes a odd noise as it collides with the fabric of the chair I'm now sitting on. Alec releases a chuckle before I thank him.

"You haven't placed an order yet for you to thank me and even then you don't have to it's my job." He raises and eyebrow at me awaiting my answer and I simply shrug asking him what's the best flavor they have. I can imagine how peculiar I look wearing a sun dress bursting into a ice cream shop in the pouring rain I guess it's a good thing noone else enjoys brain freeze while the weather is chilly so I'm basically the only customer at the moment.

"Come taste them and decide." He smiles at me again sticking out his hand assisting me with standing up. I decide to be a little more polite and actually carry on a conversation instead of simple answers and random shrugs.

"That one looks ....interesting." I crinkle my nose while pointing to the mucus green ice cream tub. We both laugh this time. He walks down and slips open the glass where the tub of caramel and cookies ice cream were, dipping in a tasting spoon and handing me it to sample.

My eyes close in pure bliss at the familiar taste of ice cream yet new taste of a wonderful creation for a flavor. He takes my reaction as his queue scooping two scoops up placing it on a waffle cone grinning as he held it out for me. I leave his outstretched, ice cream full hand there so I can reach into my wallet to grab money to pay him.

"OH no it's on the house." My eyes widen but before I can refuse his offer he speaks again,"Don't worry my gram owns the place." He shoots me a wink which I return with a smile, shyly taking the cone out of his hand. He is quite charming.

"Well your gram has a lovely decor going on here." I wiggle my eyebrows at him before I take time to admire the vintage look the shop holds. God i did not just wiggle my eyebrow at him. The lights are dimly lit hue colors and the photos on the walls defiantly holds 1930's memories.

" I'd be sure not to tell her, trust me she doesn't need a bigger head than she already has." He scuffs a hint of humor behind his tone.

"Is that a jukebox? " My body subconsciously walks across the black and white checkered floor and my mouth falls open in awe as my fingers  excitingly runs across the metal of the colorful jukebox at the corner of the shop.

"You like it?" He slips a coin into the machine hitting a random song. I nod my head as he walks towards me taking my left hand and twirling me around to the melodious tune of the unknown song. I place my hands around his neck when my turn is complete swaying along to the music with him. Laughing as he steps on my feet and apologizes profusely.

"September, my names September." I state noding my head to the direction of his name tag, not that he asked my name but I can use a few friends around here and he seems like my kind of company.

"Ah she finally decides to erase some of the mystery behind the girl that arrives to an ice cream shop in the pouring rain with actual intentions of eating ice cream not just sheltering." The smile that never left his face widens and the sight of dimples on each cheek is now visible.

"If I am being honest I only bought it to be polite," I joke. His hands around my waist raises up grabbing my hands to twirl me around again. This place might not just be the the best ice cream store I've ever been to but is now my all time favorite place and it definitely does help that this stranger is so well mannered.

Our dance is interrupted by the bell signaling a customer's arrival and he excuses himself, straightening out his name tag before returning behind the cashiers counter, shooting me a wink. I've never been the one to associate well with people but since I've arrived here he is the only person I do not mind willingly interacting with. I sure do hope that he does not get the wrong impression of me since I was friendly on the first encounter.

My thoughts are frozen in place  when the familiar aroma of coco butter graces my nostrils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N

Please continue to read this story I promise it's going to get interesting soon. I've decided that my stable day for updates will be Sundays. School recently started back and it's a bit difficult to juggle homework and writing but I will find a way.

I'm not asking you to comment but I would like even the slightest feedback so please feel free to dm.:) thank you

One of the best things about reading is how wonderfully your imagination paints the images that your mind holds about the story and I don't want to take that away from you but I decided to share mines with you, by telling you who I personally envision  as my characters.

Matty Healy- Matty Healy

Adam- Adam Hann kind of but not really.

Alec- Alex Saxon

Danny- Paul Zimmer.

Dylan- Dylan O'Brian