Chapter 30

My body betrays me and I squirm under Matty's glare even though my mind tells me I'm not the least bit intimidated by his tone. Pulling the duvet up a little I try to shrink into the sheets to avoid the blazing chusnut colored stare pinning me in place with it's flecks of amber but there's only a little fabric available for me to tug since Alec has most of it bunched up under his bum where he is seated.

A hand touches my right foot that is shoved under the silk and I look at the long fingers before trailing up tanned hands and eventually meeting clear blue eyes and Alec peers down at me through thick golden eyelashes with a smile leaking of amusement as though he finds my shaking hands adorable, he seems to glow even though my curtains are closed and there isn't any sunlight leaking into the room, his time away has done him well and I find myself wishing I had really gone on some last minute trip with him. I'd take an impromptu trip to sun city over a forced trip to my kidnapper's den anyday.

A loud and gruntle noise escapes Matty's lip as he clears his throat and I spare a look in his direction to see he is now glaring at Alec. D!ck. My wanted company reaches up and flicks my nose either unbothered by a third presence in the room or waitimg for me to speak probably that, it is my guest after all. I swallow hard. "Do.not.touch.her," My unwanted company spits out slowly obvious venom dancing along with the roughness of his voice. "Ever."

Suddenly that pest of a ratty cat has got my tongue and I make a gurgling noise instead of actual real human words. "Alec," he sticks his hand out after his clipped introduction presumably for Matty to shake but once again he just glares at him and repeats his question. I smack the cat's grabby paws away from me, "Buzz off Matty I don't believe it's any of your business." He growls at me. Literally growls like a rabid dog.

"Come here," he beckons me to him and I can practically see his anger fester in the air around him. I contemplate playing with it a little longer, enjoying his dismay but I have no doubt it will choke me or he would choke Alec but I do not want to just submit to him like I'm sure females do so I defiantly shake my head, folding my arms over my chest like a stubborn child. "What do you want?" I ask inocently and he practically shakes from rage before taking a breath, folding one palm into a fist and trailing his other palm along the grooves of my wall.

"You have another damned man curled up in your bed! I want you to get the f*ck out of it and come here to me, now before I f*cking climb in there and drag your ass out!" He let's off a heat wave of rage, that scorches my skin and causes Alec to subtly flinch. He is being overly dramatic, Alec is not curled up in my sheets but is simply sitting on top of it at the edge of my bed and even if he was in the sheets, between my legs Matty has no right to care.

I would of left him to assume the worst and let all of his theories push his buttons until he is foaming at the mouth but I fear for Alec and I know he must be confused but he sits quietly, giving me a look that says 'I've got your back I'd go along with whatever you say'

"This is Matty, my cousin's, boyfriend's best mate." I offer Alec further increasing Matty's displeasure. I chuckle inwardly, I could of just as easily introduced him as a friend even though we aren't very good at being that but where is the fun in that?

"You have used his name as a pawn in your games but do not have the common courtesy to shake his hand? Why is this not surprising." Tisking I get out of bed and stand between a brooding Matty and a relaxed Alec, who retreats his hand and let's it drop limply by his side.

Matty takes in my attire with a frown on his face and I almost smile at the little wrinkle that appears over his left brow. "Would you have preferred if I told her the truth and strip her of her ignorant bliss just like it was ripped from you?" Alec averts his eye to the left side of the room, staring at a few pictures I have strung along the wall and trying to appear as though he is not uncomfortable but his stiff shoulders are a dead giveaway.