Chapter 36

Dedicated to youngdreamer22   

The minute Matty pulled out of my driveway I was scurrying down the steps to my car and onto the streets in the pouring rain driving to Alec's. I've never actually been to his house we've always just met at Sour's or my place but he's chatty and has invited me to 'come over as I please' on numerous occasions and I need to tell him now so he can pull out if he wishes too and i understand if he wants to. If I wasn't already stuck in this mess there's no way in hell I'd willingly choose to be and I feel guilty for already kind of involving him, I mean a vampire already doesn't fancy him because he's my best friend.

I wanted to speak to Antelica about it but I was to heated and knew it wouldn't end well. How dare she find out all of this freak show business and not tell me? Does she know about Dylan taking me, has Danny told her.. she's never lead me to believe she knows, not even a little hint on her part but then again she knows of the existence of a supernatural race and our relationships with them and she hasn't said 'hey you know you should stop offering Danny coffee on  mornings he'd much prefer a warm glass of blood.' Blood, holy shit Matty has walked in on me on the bathroom floor covered in my own blood maybe that's why he came back because he smelt it.

Shaking my head I follow the GPS's direction to Alec's house parking on the roadside and making a dash up the concrete walkway to his one bedroom apartment before banging on his front door-already drenched in the sky's water. He doesn't hear my knocking so I ring him quickly and five minutes later he's unlocking the door and ushering me inside. He's wiping the sleep out of his eyes while I'm wiping rain off my skin his hair a sleep induced mess some of it sticks up in the air while some hang around his bare shoulder bringing attention to his almost naked state, he's standing in front of me in just a grey and black stripped boxers and one side of sock on his left foot.

"Sep, baby I'm always happy to see you but bloody hell it's six in the morning," he groans walking over to his kitchen island and plopping down on one of the stools there, the lights are on in the small kitchen and I hurry into it hoping that it's warmer in there.

As if now realizing my soaked state Alec's eyes widen and I'm not sure if it's because he was dead to the world and had no clue it was even raining or if it's because my clothes are stuck to my body outlining my womanly parts. He doesn't comment just beckons me to follow him with a head nod and I do leaving a wet trail behind.

He opens a door and flicks on a light to what I can now see is his bedroom before he opens a cabinet and throws a towel and one of his t-shirts at me. "I'd go turn up the heat while you change," he says trying his best to keep eye contact before he leaves I hurry out of my wet clothes peeling my jeans off me before removing my bra, I stay in my knickers and just throw his clothes over me it falls about mid thigh. I'm not sure if to follow after him or wait here so I stand in one spot and look around his room. It's pretty big with a four poster bed in the middle and gray walls.

He waltz in just as I take a seat on his bed and his eyes roam over my body before he clears his throat and shoots me a smile he's in jeans now so I feel a little less awkward staring at him and I waste no time in telling him everything. Of course he rubs it in my face like a five year old and is way more intrigued by the situation than he should be claiming that he'd still come with me later even if Matty finds out and drinks him dry because 'death by a vampire seems like a good way to go.'

After that I decided to head home to talk to Antelica but big surprise- she was out with Danny so I just grabbed a quick lunch and picked up our costumes before heading back over to Alec's apartment where I'm currently sat in front the mirror, securing my hair with some extra Bobby pins. I decided to keep my makeup light just adding some blush and a winged eye before applying some red lipstick which oddly enough makes me look even more pale so much so that Alec referred to me as ceramic. He's sat on the bed  toying with my red mask waiting for me to be ready, dressed in his navy blue tail coat with matching trousers and mask with a simple white shirt.