Chapter 22

The days have morphed into one big blur. I don't have the slightest idea whether it's Monday or Sunday.

Antelica and Danny are more or less joined by the hip. I won't be surprise if he moves in, it just doesn't make any sense for him to pay rent for a house he's never in.

Matty has been around a bit also. He has apologized profusely and even tried to get some insight on my past. I've tried to keep it simple with him but both of us together doesn't exactly call for a neutral gathering. I'm more than pleased that he feels the same energy between us that I do because as a result we've both agreed to have a 'serious conversation' today.

........

His laughter echos down the hall and I can perfectly envision how his head is thrown back, eyes shut and teeth on display. On the rare occasions that he actually does laugh it's a bit entertaining to witness. His youth shows and it's slightly hypnotizing. Kind of like watching those pamper commercials with round little babies grinning their toothless smiles.

I shake my head as I walk into the room, attempting to hide the emotions that has leaked it's way to the surface forming an awkward smile.

His head snaps up just as I enter the room and he immediately stands, clenching his jaw and hiding his hands away in the pocket of his overly skinny black jeans. He takes a few long strides before he is directly in front of me.

"Hey" I have no idea what has gotten into me but I burst out laughing at his some-what awkward greeting. The selfish side of me mentally smirks practically jumping around pleased with the fact that this situation is just as strange for him as it is for me.

I wonder if he has ever been in this situation before. Attempting to actually have a civil conversation with a female with no intentions of a further encounter. He did say once that he normally doesn't speak. Maybe I'm going to be his first. The thought makes my lips twitch up at the sides.

"If you're done enjoying my misery here can we go somewhere else to continue?" He asks and I nod taking my lip between my teeth as I follow him out the front door and swing his car door open. He mutters a few curse words, disliking my tendency to open the car door myself before settling in the drivers seat and curving out of the driveway.

"So where are you taking me?"  He takes a quick glance at me before looking back onto the road.

"I thought I'd take you where this all went wrong, to make it right" he has a wide grin on his face as he finishes speaking and I stay quiet.

I'm thankful I decided to wear something casual. A simple tank top and a old pair of black jeans. I can't say that I'm not pleased with the place he decided to take mr for us to speak. I have noticed he can be so cheesy sometimes before he completely flips a switch that is.

"Uh yeah so we just have to stop out by the lititle gas station to get a few drinks, I made us sandwiches," he passes his left hand through his hair while the right hand grips the wheel tighter.

"Sandwiches how lovely." I smile at Him although he isn't watching me and he let's out a little chuckle, obviously  picking up on my sarcasm.

"Don't knock it until you try it" try what? I'm pretty sure I have had a sandwich before. He pulls into the gas station, hopping out to make his way to the pump. "Look in the glove compartment and take what you need and go ahead and buy the drinks." I roll my eyes before repeating his action hopping out the car.

"I've got money Matty." He spins around just as the words roll off my tongue and I hastily walk off before he has the chance to say anything.

Drinks, drinks , drinks. I walk down the aisle with all the hot sodas before deciding it's best I take a cold one out the freezer. I pull my phone out to send Antelica a quick text while walking to the back of the store.