Chapter 12

"Matty stop!" I grab onto his hand before he has a chance to open the car door and he simply shrugs me off.

" Are you coming or do I need to lock you in the car?" he nonchalantly asks looking to me for a reply. I sigh dramatically before opening the car door and meeting him on the other side. He puts his hand around my waist as we walk into the building and the more I pay attention I realize the building isn't abandon it's meant to look that way. It a club but it's closed. As we reach the front doors his hold on me tightens  and his face now becomes contorted with anger, he looks like a completely different person his jaw is clenched hard and his eyes now hold darkness the door is kicked open and I can't hide the amusement clear on my face to Matty's strength,of course I am granted a smirk before we step onto the elevator.

"He didn't hurt me, I don't think he wanted to it seemed like he had to you know ?" I speak up trying to lessen the blow for Dylan. He looks at me then to my wrist before his attention is diverted to my neck his eyes goes wide before it turns even darker than it was before and his knuckles are now clenched. He doesn't speak and neither do I. When the elevator stops we step into this huge room with high white ceilings and red walls laden with beautiful framed pictures which I am immediately drawn to.

"Ah she fancies photography" a voice echos through the room and Matty pulls me behind him and I feel his body tense. I don't even know Matty all that well, yet here I am trapped in whatever rivalry lays in front of Matty's body.

"I don't want you or any of your fucking idiotic workers to lay a hand on her again." he stops speaking and steps closer his voice dropping a few more octaves before he speaks again. "I don't want any of you fucking breathing the same air as her, be wise Joe." he threatens. I take the opportunity to glance at 'Joe' he's tall, dressed in all black, his hair is slicked back and his face is tainted by a scar he looks like a stereotypical bad guy, the ones you see in movies. I look around the room and notice in every corner there are heavily armed men and suddenly I feel terrified. I step closer to Matty and hold onto his petticoat.

"Matty, you see your newest member seems to hold a level of, how do I put it ... significance." Joe is cut off before he can finish his sentence and Matty seethes that I am not a member. A member for what? My heart rate increases when realization hits me a gang oh my gosh Matty has a gang but this doesn't make sense. Who are the members? what do they do? where do they meet? My train of thoughts are interrupted when someone steps through the door on the other side of the room. Dylan eyes lock on mines and confusion is vivid in them before his vision lands on Matty. Before I can even blink Matty is taking long strides across the room.

"You fucking bitch! " he tackles Dylan to the floor throwing several punches to his face. I can't stop the scream that falls from my lips when Dylan coughs up blood. I wait to see if anyone will intervene but no one even breathes.  Matty is pushed to the floor and Dylan stands to his feet kicking Matty in his stomach. I cringe at the thought of Matty being hurt and suddenly feel my anger rebuild towards Dylan. Matty gets a hold of himself in a split second and stands grabbing Dylan by his throat and bashing his head on the floor. My feet grows it's own mind as I run towards the two battling dudes and grab onto Matty waist trying to pull him back.

"Matty stop you're going to give him a concussion! " My words has its intended effect and Matty releases his hold on him stepping back and wiping the blood on his jeans before pulling me out of the room. I look back and Dylan is already on his feet staring at me, relief washes over me that he is ok, for Matty's sake and curiosity takes over my mind once again as I ponder whether Dylan is use to fighting.

"You just started the fight lad." Joe states as the elevator arrives and we step in.

Matty speaks up before the door closes. " Don't call it a fight, when you know it's a war."