Chapter 27

Smack! That's what I should do to Matty, smack him right across the cheek! Hell I have so much anger in me I can do it to the lot of them. But I am still grateful that they came after me... for me, so instead I stare at his grinning form and take a deep breath. I can feel my tears welling up in my eyes, the tidal waves of emotions pulsing through me getting the best of my composure and I turn away from him, looking out of the windscreen attempting to regain it- my composure that is,before I speak.

"What's going on Matty?" It comes out as a whisper and his grin immediately falters, fingers reaching to push back his mess of black curls. He doesn't answer my question just pats my head as if I'm some sort of animal and I look over to Marco before redirecting my attention to Matty and trying again.

"Why did he take me ? A-and he was going on about knowing I'm the one ! And that it's true ....?" His eyes hardens but he still doesn't speak instead Danny barks out. "What..... do you mean, I mean, how did they.. you know find out if it's true?" He stutters through his question. Why is that the thing they are most concerned about? It's ridiculous this isn't some reality show or arranged marriage where I need to undergo a series of test or be probed to find out whether or not i'm the one whatever the hell the one is and I am about to loose my fricking mind trying to figure this mess out.

"Don't you ever say that he took you again to me" Matty grits out coldly and I loose it. "That's what he did Matty! He took me for three days because of you, because of whatever it is going on between you two!" He shifts his body to look at me, glaring at me with stone cold eyes that appear black in this moment.

"Get me home and get the hell out of my life!" I scream I don't give a bloody hell how ungrateful I seem. The car makes a sharp jerk to the left as Danny swerves away from a huge tree and my body rolls to Marco involuntary . "And you," I say flicking Danny's ear. "Stay the f*ck away from my cousin! Do you hear me ?" I do not know all the offenses needed before you request a restraining order but it seems like I need legality to keep them away from me.

He glances at me through the mirror "I can't you know that September and you know Antelica will never have it!" like I give a rats ass. I will tie her in the basement if it means keeping her safe ."You can and you will, I will not allow anything to happen to her." My hands are still shaking at my sides and Matty spares me a glance, rolling his eye before asking Marco number two for a cigarette. He hen proceeds to stick the cancer stick in his mouth and reaches into his pocket for a lighter.

My blood boils over and before I can stop myself I reach over and snatch it from between his lips rolling down the window and chucking it outside before he even has time to comprehend anything. "You have already placed me in a life or death situation twice you do not get to poison my lungs with second hand smoke you inconsiderate asshole!" He groans banging his head on the headrest of the passenger seat in front of him before he winds back up the glass, takes a deep breath and stares at me.

"Look here love, I get your anger and what you're asking for is reasonable, unfortunately for you it is also impossible. You see Danny boy will not stop seeing your cousin and I can not leave you alone to fend for yourself as much as I'd love to." He stretches the word 'love' and uses an American accent like the righteous prick he is. Do not call me love.

"Why the bloody hell not ?" I glare at the back of Danny's head. "Unless you're a werewolf and there is some fricking mate bond that knots your soul with hers and she will perish slowly and painfully without you, then you can and you will." He snorts loudly but does not speak instead he gives me a confused look that says what the hell, instead Matty does.. of course. "Knock it off September." He states with a tight voice leaving no room for argument.

"I need a smoke so can you be a doll and keep your pretty little hands to yourself." He taps Marco dos on the shoulder and he once again hands him a cigar. Seconds later it's biter smell fills the confined car and I scrunch my nose up before pinching it between my fingers. Whisps of smoke float around me as Matty breaths it out and I practically shake out of anger.

"He doesn't have to stop seeing your cousin because she is not in danger, they care not about Danny or his conquests only mine. I am the one who f*cked his sister, no?" He smirks down at me as I give up on holding my breath and breathe out carbon dioxide before taking a large breath of smoke contaminated oxygen. As if accomplished he rolls down the window and tosses the cigar out after I cough dramatically. I don't reply to him and the car falls silent. I watch on as the car finally makes it out of the forest and into civilization. If I had gotten a chance to run I would of been dead. I have not seen one other cottage and even now as we are out of the wooded area there is very little life source. A 24hour gas station and quick stop shop before miles of open, empty road.

I can't remember exactly how long it took to reach the cottage because I was to busy panicking but it seems like I have a long night ahead of me. My butt is sore from sitting so long and my legs are beginning to cramp but everyone else seems content and I do not want to complain once again. Marco in fact is so comfortable that his loud snores echo through the car, which the other guy finds quite amusing and he tilts his body to face the backseat snapping a picture of Marco sleeping form, dribble and all.

After about ten minutes of the obnoxious snoring I'm about ready to to staple my ears shut. Marco's head bobs to side in his sleep and soon enough hid body is quaternary way covering mines. I push him off me roughly and we end right back where we were. I sigh scooting closer to Matty. He laughs a little at my delimua before pulling me out from under Marco and tucking me right under his side.

"We still have a way to go. Are you hungry?" He asks quietly. I shake my head no and look down at my sock covered feet. "How did you know where to find me?" And why did it take you so long. He doesn't respond at first instead he takes off his coat and drops it in my lap. I accept it gratefully, shrugging it on before turning my body to face him again silently pleading with him to answer my question and not leave me in the dark.

"Dylan and... the people he associates with, well they've got a couple secret places like that, obviously not a secret to us." He smirks licking his dry lip, "we just had to start somewhere and narrow it down." I nod pleased that he chose to answer me before facing foward again. I can feel my eyes being burdened with sleep, forcefully closing. I try to stay awake but I'm just too tired. Cold hands reach out to me gently guiding my head to rest on someone's solid yet soft shoulder before I am sucked into slumber.