Chapter 18

My head turns slightly to the right, glancing over my slouched shoulders to get a view of the person. Nina stumbles in, drenched in water, heals in hand and make up ruined. I grimace at the thought of a second encounter with her backing quietly into the boot I once sat at.

The seat once again screeches as I sit and I curse under my breath as I practically feel her eyes snap my direction. My eyes dart down to the table suddenly feeling rather interested in the shinny silver, circular table top. I fiddle with my fingers hoping she doesn't notice me. My eyebrows knit together in confusion as I try to remember where the ice cream I'd been eating went so quickly. I mentally palm my forehead. Alec probably thinks I'm such a slub I practically devoured the two scoop with one lick.

The seat screeches once again and my head jerks up. My vision instantly focuses on the midnight hair color in front of me. She smiles at me but doesn't make a move to speak so neither do I. I guess I'd prefer her over Matty at this current moment but I don't have the slightest explanation as to why she smells like Matty. Perhaps he paid her a visit after he left my house this morning. The hell do I care.

I guess she senses my confusion because she speaks up. "How'd you like the party last night?" I can't put my finger on if it's a genuine queation or not but I decide to answer sweetly. The last thing I need is enemies.

"It was fine but I don't think it's my thing or crowd" My mind stumbles back to my body crouched on the bathroom floor and I physically shake my head to remove the memory.

Her face holds no emotion as her eyes passes over my face, scrutinizing  every inch of skin. "Look you seem nice and all but I've always been the top one with Matty and I'd like to stay that way." I inhale quickly, choking on the excess air, hands flying up to clamp down on my chest as I gently pound it. Smooth September.

"Don't worry, I don't intend to." I answer, nervously chuckling while avoiding her glare. I can practically feel the words she is about to spew out stinging already.

"Can I get you guys anything?" Alec intervenes in our conversation and I take it as my opportunity for a quick departure.

"No....actually I have to get going it was nice meeting you, Alec." I clarify not sparing Nina a glance as I stand from my seat and tilt my head up to look at him just in time to see his dimpled smile.

The walk home is just what I needed. Finally I have the time to make sagicious judgment of everything. The one and only thought that runs through my mind is Matty. I feel foolish for letting him stay after the incident at the party not that I could of gotten him to leave but I still feel ashamed of myself for waking up tangled with him after he returned I should of threatened to call the police. Why didn't I ? I wonder if there is any legal requirements for personal ownership of a taser. If it's true that the city isn't a pretty then I should invest in some form of protection. At first I was confused when Dylan said it but perhaps it was more like advice than a threat per say.

The only conclusion I can draw that will solve all my current problems is to stay away from Matty, he is the root which all of them stem from, at least  that's what I'm  telling myself it's better than the unknown. So as the weeks dragged by I did just that, stayed clear of all things Matty Healy the only times I was reminded of his existence is by the accidental mention of his name from Danny followed by an exasperated apology. He tried to slip in an explanation for him and Matty's doing but I refuse to listen I don't want my image of him to be tainted the way it is for Matty.

"You should come to dinner with us."  Antelica offered, standing by the doorframe. She's been trying to drag me everywhere that she goes with Danny but I keep politely refusing their offers to be a third wheel. Most of my time has been spent with Alec down at Sours but I'm not complaining, the once tradition with Antelica has made the transition to Alec and I tradition. I've spent most of my time there and Alec and I friendship is so natural.

We're kind of like best buddies, we say exactly what's on our mind all the time without sugarcoating it. "Well alright then I'm going to get going." I shoot her a smile as she leaves.

Danny and his gram are out of town for the weekend so Sours is close I have absolutely no idea what there is to do around here. I haven't been spending much time with my cameras lately so maybe that's what I should do. I push myself off the bed and make my way to the closet pulling on a denim shorts and plan white t. Grabbing my camera and a pack of dortios before locking the front door behind me and getting into my car.

I decided to drive further into the country looking for any spot to catch my interest. There's a trace that almost looks like a cave the way the treetops bend on either side to meet each other in the middle. Perfect spot to spend the day.

The gravel cracks under my tyres as I drive deeper into the trace. I park my car after driving in for about five minutes before deciding I'd rather walk the rest. It felt like I was transported to a completely different world. The silence only adding to the undeniable beauty of the place. I was alone actually alone and quite pleased by that fact.

My feet began to pick up pace as my legs sprinted down the pathway of the trace. The wind singing in my ears as my body cuts through the air. The smile on my face never faltering, not even once. My body feels ignited with joy as I slow down when the end of the pathway happens to be a cliff. A girlish sqeal leaves my lips as I ravish in the heart stopping view in front of me. Smile still plastered on my face as I raise the camera to my eyes. I feel like my old self here its strange.

My finger presses down the knob excited to capture this moment forever. The water flowing at the bottom of the cut off point for the cliff just magnifies the sereal feel of this place.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A raspy voice speaks behind me, scaring me out of my skin. The sudden jolt of my body causing my fingers to release my hold on the camera.