Chapter 20

"September." He breathes detaching our lips and staring intently into my eyes. I'm so caught up in the bliss of the moment that I'm a bit puzzled about if I answered to him calling my name or not. His lips carve out the form of each word so perfectly but I think I love how it does my name the most.

"It's going to rain." He states looking up, so I guess I did answer him. My head tilts back slightly so I can look up and almost on queue a single water droplet hits the tip of my nose. He chuckles at me before pulling himself up and offering me assistance.

"Let me walk you to your car yeah?" I shake my head to indicate my answer yes. The walk is filled with a comfortable silence the only sound to be heard was the click of my car door unlocking. He opens the door for me and I can't help the solid gasp that leaves my throat due to the spontaneous gentleman like action. Not really though because if I remember correctly he cursed me out for not letting him get it the last time.

He chuckles at my feign surprise before suggesting that we meet at my house. I can instantly hear my heart in my ears as nervousness takes over. I hope he doesn't consider me one of his flings because I gave into one kiss sure he's made it pass first base with me but that's as far as he will get. What base is kissing ? I laugh at my own thoughts feeling like an adolescent teenager.

My subconscious decides to chime in pushing the fact that he has already been in my bed in my face. That doesn't count. Before I can continue to rationalize the issue Matty waves his hands in front of me dragging me out of my train of thoughts.

"You do this a lot." He passes his slender fingers through his messy curls before averting his attention back to me, and you do that a lot I mock his accent in my mind. I decide not to give a solid answer and just shrug my shoulders. To which he answers with a raised eyebrow. I guess we're speaking in bodies now.

"What were you thinking about?" He asks still holding my cardoor open. I mutter out a muffled nothing before sitting in the drivers seat. He jogs in front the car to get in the passenger seat and closes the door before turning to look at me gesturing for me to speak.

"I-I um I guess I just don't want to be another victim of yours." I twirl my hair in my fingers trying my best not to look at him.

The small space inside my car becomes thick with tension and I've convinced myself that if I reach out to grab it, I can. The sound of my door opening makes my head snap up to look at Matty and he glares at me before getting out of the car. His boots crushes against the stones beneath his feet and it's takes only a moment for me to realize what's actually happening.

Like all the other times that I've tried to have a conversion with him that involves any sort of emotions he flees which is strange because normally he flips out before he flees. " So typical of you Matty." I state clearly for him to hear my ballsy statement.

His hands stop what they were originally going to do, slam the door close. He looks at me confusingly before a grimace falls upon his face. "What are you talking about?"

"This" I wave my hands between both of us to put emphasis on my words. "We have a good time, I ask or state something, and you freak out, you just flip and flee and I'm quite sick of it!"

"Really you're un-fucking believable!" He screams back at me and I step out of the car also so we're both standing in the open. He takes a couple long strides so he's now standing in front of me before he let's his venom full words spew out again. "What do you want from me, really September!"

"What do I want from you, nothing, nothing at all I was perfectly fine with thinking you were dead just yesterday and then you come today and you say sweet stuff that just contradicts my opinion of you and I think maybe it's not just me that sees this amounting to something but every time I try to bring it up in a calm manner you freak out no matter what I do!" I scream out, laughing at how pathetic I sounded before breathing in fastly to catch my breath. Matty's face softens for a split second before he locks his jaw.

"Let me make it perfectly clear for you." He speaks through gritted teeth, so closely to me that his breath fans against my face. "This" he waves his hands between us mocking my earlier actions. "Is just like all the others and I'm sorry to break it to you love but you're already my victim, what do you do stay up at night wondering what I'm doing, wondering if I'm thinking about you?" He laughs coldly before lifting my chin up so I'd look at him.

" I don't." I mentally curse myself for sounding so weak now when seconds ago I was practically yelling at him. I really don't and I didn't exactly think we'd get into a relationship or some shit but maybe become... friends who don't go at each other throats. I should not have allowed him to stick his tongue down mines if that's what I wanted.

"Oh but I bet you do, that little kiss sold you out love, what I mutter a simple apology to you and you get filled what false hope?" He smirks down tilting his head a little to his right before his head dips down and his lips presses hungrily against mine. My hands reaches between us and I push him by his shoulders. Wiping my lips as he chuckles. He takes a step towards me to get just as close as he was before and I take two steps back trying to create distance between us.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I scream reaching for my door and yanking it open only to have him slam it close. Bloody urghhhhhh.

"What's wrong with me you're the one that expects so much out of practically a stranger, what did you think I'd ask you to be my girlfriend, once again honey it takes a bit more than you." He speaks softly yet the anger is quite clear in his voice his body tenses even more if possible as he awaits my reaction that will never come. I'm more than shock, to be honest I'm a little frighten that he honestly is psychotic.

He takes my silence as his queue to continue speaking. "You want me to save you?" "You want me to make you feel OK? I'm sorry to break it to you love but you're just another bitch with daddy issues." And those words were my last straw I ball my palm up into a fist and swing it at his jaw using all my my might. His head snaps to the side and his hands move off the door to cup his face. I pull the door open locking it behind me and shoving the key in the ignition all in the matter of seconds. I feel bad for punching him but I wanted to make sure he knew that I wasn't a bitch to just bitch slap him.

Before I can pull out of the dirt road he runs in front of my x6 bmw and I slam down on the breaks. "Are you crazy!" I scream mentally applauding myself for the hit I got in on his face that has left the imprint of my fist behind.

"Just hear me out, I'm sorry!" He's insane completely loony and totally mental. I reverse and turn the wheel a little to the left so the wheels change course before I continue driving. I look back in the rear view mirror but Matty is no longer standing there. I'm over it. I'm over him. That was to far I can no longer entertain his mood swings. Nothing hurts more than brining up my parents and I don't know if I'm happy that he was able to evoke emotions from me or if I'm worried. The head ache is already present and I'm certain if I keep trying to be civil with Matty I'd loose my mind, like straight jacket and white walls insane.