Chapter 4

Once we're inside I pull my hand away from him taking two steps back. He smirks down at me combing his fingers through his hair.

"Who sleeps with hand bands on, aren't you worried it stops blood circulation?" he asks taking a seat on the living room couch.

"You don't have to stay here I don't need a babysitter." I bitterly remark, ignoring his comment only to have him chuckle as a response.

"What are you antisocial?" I watch as he lifts himself off of the coach and walks to the fridge. Help yourself why don't you...

"Uh no I just urm I'm sure you have better stuff to do and I'm fine being alone." I mumble out. Matty pulls out a can of coke and walks towards me.

" So you are that girl then?" He opens the can obnoxiously with a pop "To broken to care for any one around you other than Antelica." he says stepping closer to me only to have me step back.

" No I just think it's better to be alone because eventually everyone leaves and you're stuck picking up the pieces of the mess they left behind." I say and watch as his lips turn into a straight line. I sound like such a cliche human in their post break-up stage.

He scuffs before opening his mouth to speak, " So what you're one of those teenage girls who gets their heart broken once probably by a boy who didn't give a shit about you after he f*cked you and now your heart's broken blah blah blah." he finishes with a disgusted look on his face.

I can't decide whether I want to scowl him for cursing or laugh at his facial expression while addressing the awkward topic.

"Okay.. to begin with I'm 20.  A full blown adult." I watch as his features soften and his dimples become prominent.

"Also I've only ever dated one guy in middle school and it turns out he likes guys." I pull myself up on the kitchen counter and hide my face behind my hands. I hear Matty chuckle which by the way seems really odd every time he does it and his boots hit across the hardwood floor as he walks toward me. I feel cold fingers run across mines before he gently pulls my hands away.

"I never noticed how blue your eyes are, they're beautiful." he compliments and I feel a shiver run down my spin causing me to squirm under his intense glare. I chuck it up to me being uncomfortable with him basically playing peek-a-boo with me.

"Well it is the first time you payed attention to me or the first time we are eye level." I comment patting the kitchen counter as if to emphasize my point. He steps back and sticks his hand out assisting me in climbing off the counter.

"So how is it fucking possible for you to afford this house? It's the biggest on the block." he asks,eyes scanning his surroundings.

" My parents." I give him a clipped answer deciding it's best I don't discuss financials with someone I only just met yesterday before walking into the downstairs bathroom and brushing my teeth. He was so close to me it isn't possible he did not smell my killer morning breath but he's still alive so that's a good sign, I suppose.

"I'm going to bathe and look as humanly possible as I can." I flare my arms in the air over my body, he chuckles at me and heads back into the kitchen. I decided it was best I shower in the washroom in my room so I headed upstairs. After the water ran long enough for the shower to become warm, I stepped inside, the heat immediately relaxes all my muscles. I wiggled my toes as I watched all the rinsed lather of watermelon shampoo and body wash go down the drain. My hands fiddle around outside of the shower until I felt my towel, frowning at how little it actually covers making a mental note
to buy better ones before winter. As I step out of the bathroom I'm immediately knocked over onto the floor.

~~~~~~••~••°°•

A.N

I actually have a couple readers and I'm extremely thankful :).