Chapter 11

I look over the console separating the two of us in Matty's range rover and I'm certain if the music wasn't so loud he would of heard my heart palpitate. He takes his eyes off the road for a split second to look at me before returning his attention to driving.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" he asks slowly trying to tread lightly around my emotional state that he can not seem to determine.

"I would of but honestly I think you know more than me." I respond looking at him with questioning eyes. His hold on the steering wheel tightens turning his knuckles pale.

"I didn't want to bring you into this and I don't want you look at me differently." he nervously shifts in his seat. I reassure him that I understand everyone has skeletons in their closet that they want to keep hidden however whatever his secret is now has an effect on my life and I'd like to know so I can take precautionary measurements. Which is total bull  if I do say so myself I am just curious but I do fully intend to stay as far away from him as possible, rightfully so.

"I slept with his sister typical dick move I stayed around till I got what I wanted then told her off." I listen intently to the lies he is spewing out. Dylan voice plays like a broken record in my mind 'tell Matty give us what we want' Whoever they are went to great depth to scare me, leaving a message behind for Matty and I can't help but feel like Matty lying to me is his way of trying to keep my danger at bay. He passes my street and I continue to look out the window.

"You passed the turn off." he keeps driving ignoring my comment so I speak up, louder this time pounding my palm against the dash board to get a reaction out of him.

"I told you I'm taking you to dinner." I looked at him utterly shocked by his stupid response.

"I'm not going anywhere with you turn the car around or let me out." My voice is unrecognizable, low and threatening even.

"You can trust me September, Nina isn't my girlfriend she's just a friend and it's this thing we do." I scuff at his self centered remark. Does he really think that's my biggest issue about going out with him.

He explains further, "At parties she announces herself as my girlfriend when she sees me with girls and then leaves 'to get a drink' some of the girls loose interest in me and others become more infatuated because of my relationship status." My curiosity is now peeked and I turn to look at Matty instead of the countless street lights that passes in a blur. "The ones that stick around are added to my list of.......less virtuous females and are put to use." A smirk appears on his lips as his mind swarms with memories but he quickly catches himself. I stay silent and I can't deny the little bit of ease that my mind gets from his revelation. At least now I do not have to worry about my house being spray painted by.... Nina but I immediately start to think about what he can mean by 'put to use.' I speak up telling him I still don't feel like going to dinner and he chuckles.

"We are not  going to dine September, we're going to give you a taste of revenge." He pulls up to a three story building that looks almost abandon and pulls a knife out of his car pocket before sticking it in his boot. OH NO.