Chapter 8

The stranger stumbles a little closer before speaking, " Mate you made it, I taught you were going to be a dick and ditch." he chuckles placing his hands on Matty shoulder trying to maintain his balance before his attention is diverted to me. I cringe at the moisture his sweaty hands leaves behind on Matty's t-shirt not that he cares, not that anyone cares it will dry in no time my brain is just being hyperactive.

"You brought dinner." he licks his lips looking at me and I can't hide the disgust that crawls onto my face. Matty pulls me closer before looking to his friend. I take a small step away from him while making sure to avoid stepping closer to the yet to be introduced intoxicated male.

"You can't mess around with this one Adam." his jaw tenses when 'Adam' steps closer towards me holding my face in his cold palm. I inwardly cringe and hold back my gag trying my best to ignore his sweat. I tilt my head to the side, out of his hold and notice Adam has a tattoo. My eyes automatically scan Matty but I don't see any until he raises his hands to pull Adam away from me.

"Leave her alone mate," he speaks slowly, the tone of his voice calm but cold and I see the annoynace behind his eyes.

"Calm down Matty I was jus taking a better look at her, she definitely is a beauty." he smirks down at me and I step back, closer to Matty. These people seem to suffer from lapse in judgement.

Just as the tension begins to fade, A high pitch voice screams Matty's name and he curses under his breath before looking to me and then to a female with midnight blue hair her heals hit against the tiles as she takes long strides our direction. With each step she takes her underwear plays now you see me, now you don't with me and I wonder what's the sense of the skirt if your junk is on display anyway.

"Matty, baby I was wondering when you would show up. I saved a room for us." she sucks slightly on his earlobe and her hands slide down his body pulling his belt buckle while she makes some kind of "grrrrr" sound. He removes her hands and clears his throat uncomfortably nodding his head in my direction.

Her actions halt and she smiles at me, "You must be a friend of Matty's." she sticks her hand out for me to shake before continuing, " I'm Nina his girlfriend." her smile turns into a smirk before she kisses him on the cheek one more time before announcing her departure to get a drink. His girlfriend , of course he has a girlfriend. Wait so why is he taking me to dinner and not her. I wait patiently to feel hurt or jealous but my body's immunity to the emotion helps me to subside it for behind close doors.

Matty shifts awkwardly before speaking, "It's not what you think." Rolling my eyes I raise my hand to silence him and muster up a smile.

" It's okay I didn't think we had anything going on so it's all good." I smile at him before walking into what I believe is the kitchen, deciding to give him and Nina their time. I heard him call after me but I just push to walk a little faster without making it obvious I am purposefully ignoring him. I'd find him in a hour or so to see if he wants to leave and if he leaves without me I'd find my way home. But one thing that I'm certain about is that I am not going to dinner with Matty Healy. I do not need some crazy chick sending me hate mail. Although there really isn't any way for me to know her level of sanity I'm just making assumptions but that's fine by me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N

My description of them may not be very factual I use the idea of them along with my accessorized imagination to create the character :)