Chapter 32

It's freezing when we finally make it out of Sours, rush hour took longer than expected. The place was packed for the entire day and as the number of customers began to dwindle down it was near closing hour so we decided we'd talk about everything at my place after a small dinner, maybe takeout because I'm in no mood for cooking Alec won't mind.

I tug the sleeves of my sweater down over my wrist trying to warm up while I stand waiting for Alec to bring his car round front. "Elizabeth?" There's a light tap on my shoulder and I turn around to tell the person they have me mistaken but as I tilt my head up and look at the black hair that almost blends into the darkness of the night I let out a gasp of air instead and my pores immediately raises to little pin pricks.

My body jerks backward and I steady myself on the lightpost before turning to look at the young man with soul catching blue eyes, he smiles at me when I shiver. "Cold?" He questions and I shake my head I was but now it's like my body is an inferno and I'm burning from the inside out and the shiver raking though me is all him, the man from the picture.

This is impossible that picture was ancient sure the article was recent but it was based off of some history studies a collage student did in honor of the funders of this little town. I'm convinced I'm going insane but when I close my eyes for a second and open them back slowly he's still there fastening the button on his coat.

His eyes are locked on me almost like he's studying me, head tilted slightly to the right and my eyes are locked on his bony fingers more so on the ring that's on his finger, the one that caused me to stumble upon his picture in the first place. Matty's ring or one like it.

He smiles at me the exact same crooked smile from the picture and sticks his hand out for me to see the ring clearly. "Do you remember sweetheart?" His blue eyes lock me in place and I gasp it feels as though my soul is trying to climb it's way up and through my mouth.

The feeling is almost painful and my eyes begin to water. I cough loudly and in the least lady-like way humanly possible, slouching over with my palms on my knees I taste something almost metallic in my mouth and spit out blood dry heaving to myself.

"Forgive my foolishness it's to soon," he states not really affected by what's in front him he sidesteps my blood and comes to stand at my side, both his hands reaches out to grip my head and he smooths out my hair, gently he plays with one of the black tendrils before muttering something that sounds like different but not exactly bad and I almost choke trying not to cough in his face as my body shakes with rib-crushing pain he notices and closes his eyes brushing his finger across my cheek to collect my tears he says something in a different language, Irish and the sign An cathair flashes before my eyes.

The pain stops abruptly and he releases me stepping away just as Alec car pulls up in front of us it blows some leaves onto my boots but I'm to focus on trying to catch my breath to remove it. I can't exactly recall holding my breath but I'm sputtering and gasping as though it's the first bit of oxygen I've inhaled in ages.

The stranger coos at me 'shh shh' softly as though I'm a child now waking up from a nightmare. The back of my hand is wiping at my mouth and I draw back expecting to see blood but I come up short.

He keeps his distance and makes no movement to stop me when I step closer to Alec's car, the door flying open and Alec's big head crouching down to look at the both of us "Stranger danger or friend?" I don't bother to reply him as I clamber into the car I risk a glance back at the man and his fists are balled at his sides, jaw clenched and hard eyes glaring at Alec. Humorously just like Matty. I kind of expected him to disappear into midair or run off into the darkness, hurriedly winding my glass up I tug at Alec's hand eagerly.