Chapter Twenty-Four

“G-George.” I stuttered out, near tears. The tall ginger walked toward me and scooped me into his arms.

“Rose.” He muttered into my hair, hugging me tight before letting me down.

I walked over to Franny and gently took my wand from her and gave her a gentle hug, which shocked her. “Thank you, Franny.” I smiled.

“No problem, Miss Rose.” She smiled gently before heading to the door. “I hope you get out safely.” Was the last thing she said before exiting the room and shutting the door quietly.

I went back to George and he leaned down and kissed me, muttering “I missed you so damn much.” Against my lips and pulling me closer to him.

“We need to get out of here.” I said, which he nodded vigorously too and grabbed my hand. I knew he was going to try to apparate. “Only house elves can apparate out of here.” I told him and he frowned deeply to that.

“Let’s go then.” He pulled me forward, toward the door, and opened it silently. Neither of us heard anything so we started to progress down the hallway quietly.

I was pulling him along, since I knew where to go, when I heard Draco’s voice down the hallway.

“Rose’s gone. Find her!” He yelled and then I heard Franny’s little feet scurry down the hall and Draco’s heavy footsteps coming our way. I pushed George into the nearest room, which was a bathroom, and locked the door.

I heard him pass and sighed in relief, “Let’s stay here for a few minutes, to make sure he’s gone.” I whispered very very quietly to George, he nodded and leaned against the wall. I could tell his heart was beating fast. I didn’t blame him because mine was too…

A few minutes of just leaning against the wall and recovering from being scared to death, we snuck out of the bathroom and continued our journey.

We successfully got down the stairs of the house to the first floor without almost being caught again once there we only had to cross over to the door. The problem was is that voices could be heard from the dining room.

I knew that they held Death Eater meeting there and that they never shut the door to the dining room. The door wasn’t shut.

I clutched George’s hand and my breathing sped up enormously, especially when I heard a voice that I recognized, only because I dated Draco.

Voldemort.

Lord Voldemort was in the dining room.

A/N: OKAY HERE YOU GO I FINALLY UPDATED!

Hollywood Undead gave me inspiration.