Chapter Seventeen

The whole ride to the Burrow I was shaking. George had to literally keep whispering comforting things in my ear to keep me from flipping out.

“Why is my dad at your house?” I whispered to him, staring scaredly into his brown eyes.

“He wants to see you.” He whispered, kissing my nose lightly, giving me a warm and reassuring smile.

“So he doesn’t…” I glanced down at my stomach, it was a bit bigger but it wasn’t noticeable, “He doesn’t know right?”

“Almost positive he doesn’t.” George smiled again, pushing some of my hair out of my face.

We pulled up to the Burrow seconds later, my dad and Tonks were outside, smiling. I got out of the car and walked up to Tonks, being squished in a hug almost immediately after.

She smiled and whispered some stuff in my ear but then pushed me over to my dad, letting him crush me in his strong arms.

“Missed you.” He said to me, letting me go.

“I missed you too… so why are you here?” I asked, looking at him. His hair had gotten a bit lighter but his eyes were brighter.

“Just wanted to see my fabulous daughter, is all.” He smiled, grabbing Tonks’ hand.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley popped next to us and smiled. “Let’s go inside, I’ll get dinner ready.” Then they walked off with my dad and Tonks.

George walked beside me and slipped his large hand into mine, smiling and starting off behind them to the house.

“So what’s your dad here for?” He whispered, walking through the front door.

“He said he just wanted to see me.” I shrugged, playing with his fingers.

“Hopefully that’s all.” He laughed, plopping onto the couch and pulling me onto his lap, kissing my nose playfully.

Tonks was leaning against the doorway, smiling at us without us noticing.

I wrapped my arms around George’s neck and kissed him on the lips, smiling. “I missed you.” Is what I muttered against his lips.

“I missed you more.” He murmured, wrapping his arms around my waist securely.

“I doubt that.” I gigged, pulling away and looking into his eyes, finally noticing Tonks.

“Shit Tonks!” I gasped, holding my heart.

She laughed. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you or ruin your moment.”

“It’s fine.” I smiled and she turned around, walking into the kitchen where I could hear my dad talking to George’s parents.

“Where’s Fred?” George noticed Fred was gone.

“Probably sleeping.” I yawned. “Or am I the only one tired?” With that I laid down on the couch, my feet in George’s lap.

“I can make you more tired.” He winked, moving my legs and coming to hover over me, inches away from my face.

“Hot.” I purred, pulling him down by his collar to kiss me.

His hands were running down my sides and I was smiling, enjoying this time with him, when both of our parents walked in.

“Ahem.” My dad and Mrs. Weasley coughed; George jumped and landed on the floor.

“Owww.” He moaned, arching his back and shutting his eyes in pain.

Meanwhile the only thing I could do was blush like mad and look down.

“Well that was interesting.”  My dad said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. “Well Rose, we’re going to get going. Long day tomorrow.”

I raised my eyebrows but didn’t question it, just stood up and hugged him.

We walked to the door together, them standing just outside the door and George standing behind me, his hand on my shoulder.

Dad and Tonks were just about to turn around when it looked like they remembered something.

“Oh! Rose!” My dad exclaimed, “Have you gained some weight?” Was his question, motioning to my stomach. Tonks hit his arm hard, mumbling about how you don’t ask girls about their weight.

I just stood there, staring at him in horror.

Fuck.