Chapter Eighteen

“Excuse me?”

He looked at me, instantly regretting what he said. “Nevermind.” He smiled. “See you later!”

With that, both my dad and Tonks apparated, leaving me a bright shade of pink.

I just shook my head and turned around, walking into the living room of the house, George following me.

I got there and saw that Fred was sitting on one of the couches, feet propped up on the coffee table, watching the fire.

“Hey dummy.” I grinned, plopping down on the couch next to him.

He grimaced at me but said. “Hey shorty.”

I faked a hurt expression, putting my hand to my heart. “I’m not that short” I exclaimed, a slight smirk making itself evident.

He rolled his eyes, not going to waste any of his energy on retorting back. I just laughed in triumph and watched as George sat down next to me, putting his arm around me.

“You really are short.” He whispered in my ear, a smirk evident in his voice.

“I know.” I sighed, resting my head on his arm and placing my feet in Fred’s lap, which he just looked at and shrugged.

“No use in fighting you, you’ll always win.” He said, making me laugh and cross my ankles. He put his hands on my legs and started tapping to unheard music.

“Good, you’ve learned over the years.” I winked, watching Ron, Ginny, and Hermione, who is staying with us, come into the living room and take the other chairs.

“Well today feels like it’s going to be very uneventful.” Ginny sighed, sitting back in her chair and placing her feet on the coffee table.

“Well let’s make it eventful!” I exclaimed, jumping onto my feet.

“How?” Hermione asked, looking at me eagerly.

“Well you can go make out with Ron…” I joked, which caused her to glare at me and for Ron’s ears to turn pink.

“No, but really, how?” Fred asked, putting his feet on the floor and placing his elbows on knees, folding his hands.

“Hide and seek.” I grinned, motioning to the outside. “The yard is huge!”

They all looked at me dully before hopping up off their seats, starting toward the door.

“Huh, that worked…” I muttered, intertwining my fingers with George’s and following everyone out of the house.

“Who is counting first?” Ron asked, shifting his weight from leg to leg.

“I nominate George!” Both Fred and I exclaimed at the same time, high fiving each other once we realized what had just happened.

George rolled his brown orbs and nodded, motioning for everyone to go hide. He turned around and covered his eyes, counting aloud.

I ran in the same direction as Hermione, seeing a huge rock atop the hill. She turned around and smiled mischievously at me, hiding behind the tree that was just before the rock.

I reached the rock and dashed behind it, sitting down and pressing my back against it, waiting.

I heard footsteps and heavy breathing running up the hill. After about three minutes I heard a loud “Found you Hermione!” and a groan from her as she walked back to house to sit down.

My breath was sucked in and I was trying to be as quiet as I could when I heard the footsteps come closer to me. I knew he was going to catch me; this was my favorite spot to go every time I came over to his house.

“Hey.” He whispered in my ear, making me squeal and jump. He chuckled and put his hand on my shoulder. “Found you.”

I frowned and stood up, brushing myself off and leaning into his embrace, which he pulled me into. He pressed his lips against mine softly before pushing me lightly off into the direction Hermione just walked to.

“Love you.” He called, walking off in the direction I saw Fred run in.

“Love you too.” I called back, winking at him quickly.

Once I reached Hermione I plopped down on the grass, sighing. “Found you too?” Hermione and Ginny asked, looking at me.

I nodded and replied “Yep” while popping the ‘p’.

“At least we’re not bored!” Ron exclaimed, running toward up and skidding to a stop, just before he hit the house.

“You’re welcome.” I smirked and watched how both Fred and George came walking down the hill, laughing with each other.

“Looks like Fred won.” Ginny sighed, standing up and wiping her butt off.

“I was expecting that.” Hermione replied once they reached us.

“Expecting what?” George asked, running his fingers through his hair.

“Nothing.” She laughed, leaning against the house.

“Fred to win.” I told him, shrugging my shoulders.

“Pure coincidence.” Fred smirked, nudging George lightly.

“Yeah right, let’s just figure out whose counting next.” Ron sighed, crossing his arms.

“I vote you.” I smirked, looking at Ron. He rolled his eyes and turned around.

“0, 1, 2, 3, 4.” He started, making us all dash in the direction of the hiding spots.

A/N: Like, comment, do your thing (: