Chapter Twenty-Five

George looked at me oddly and I leaned up, whispering as quietly as I could to him. “Voldemort is in the dining room.” My voice shook as I said this.

He looked at me in disbelief and started walking. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to me forcefully, which he glared at me for. I didn’t care about the glare; he was going to be killed if he was seen.

We stood there for about ten minutes, listening to the conversation in the dining room. There was absolutely no way to get to the door without being seen. We were screwed.

“What are we going to do?” I mumbled and apparently George had an idea. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction of the kitchen.

“You said that only House Elves can apparate out of here?” He asked and I nodded but didn’t speak. “Well then let’s get Franny to get us out of here!”

I sighed, “Not a bad idea but what if we get her in trouble?!”

“That’s the least of our worries right now, Rosa.” George pointed out and I sighed once again as we walked into the kitchen.

“You’re right.” I scanned the kitchen, seeing many House Elves but none of them being Franny. “She’s not in here.” I pointed out and looked up to George. He was grimacing.

George turned around and started to leave, right as Franny scurried into the kitchen and bumped into George.

“Miss Rose!” She exclaimed when she saw me. I smiled wearily at her and motioned for her to be quiet. She quietly apologized and nodded.

“What do you need?” She whispered and looked up at George and me with big eyes.

“We need to get out of here. We can’t get to the door without getting caught. Do you think you could apparate us out of here?” I looked at her with pleading eyes and she smiled at me.

“Of course I can!” She grabbed each of our hands and apparated us out of the Manor and onto into the huge yard in front of it, right outside the boundaries where you couldn’t apparate.

“You can escape from here, right?” Franny asked and I looked up at George, who nodded.

“We should be able to.” I smiled at her, “Thank you for all of your help.” She giggled and started walking back into the Manor. We started walking away from the Manor.

I grabbed George’s hand to tell him to stop walking once Franny had gotten into the Manor.

“Listen.” I whispered to him and we heard some pretty disturbing things and saw Draco look out the window, right at us.

“Franny!” We heard him howl, “You helped them escape?!” We couldn’t hear Franny’s side of the conversation.

The next thing I remember was a very loud banging noise. “Franny.” I mumbled to myself. “He hurt her!”

I started running toward the manor again and George ran after me. “Rose! We can’t save her! We have to leave!” He exclaimed, “She’s only a house elf.”

But I wasn’t listening to him.