Chapter Thirteen.

“Rose, time for breakfast.” Hermione whispered, shaking me lightly.

“Too early.” I groaned and rolled over, falling off the bed.

“Oh Merlin! Are you okay?”

“Peachy.” I replied sarcastically before getting up and getting dressed in my uniform and robes.

Hermione and I made our way down to breakfast as soon as I was done with my hair and make-up. Ron and Harry joined us about halfway through our walk.

We sat down together at the Gryffindor table and I watched McGonagall hand out all of our times tables.

Hermione and I compared ours, seeing that we both have the exact same classes. We looked at each other and squealed excitedly.

Ginny soon joined us, looking quite tired, just like Harry.

I smirked at her knowingly and she just glared at me. Ooo, a bit touchy in the mornings I see.

“Rose, Draco’s staring at you again.” Ginny informed me about a half an hour later; I turned around and saw that he was indeed staring at me.

I stood up and left the Great Hall, knowing that he would follow me.

Sure enough, I found him sitting next to me in the deserted corridor I went to when I left.

“You need to stop staring at me.” I told him, turning to meet his eyes.

“You need to tell me the truth…” he muttered and leaned back against the wall.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

He didn’t respond for a good five minutes, but when he did I wish he wouldn’t have.

“You need to tell me what’s going on between you and Weas- George.”

“Well, we aren’t dating…but I think I love him.” Draco stared at me with disgust on his face.

After I couldn’t take his gaze anymore I got up and ran to my first class, tears streaming down my face.

I flung open the door to the transfiguration room, it slamming against the wall, making a loud sound and bouncing back shut.

Hermione was the only one in there, with the exception of Professor McGonagall.

They both stared at my teary face in concern.

“What happened Rose?” Hermione asked when I ran over to her and wrapped her in a hug.

“I just told Draco that I’m in love with George.”  I replied, starting to sob again.

Hermione rubbed my back soothingly and I heard McGonagall shuffle her papers around on her desk.

“He stared at me like I was vermin, like he never actually loved me. Like he never actually cared about me. Like, like the only thing he wanted to do was get in my pants and break it off!” I sobbed into Hermione’s shoulder, not caring if McGonagall heard anything considering she’s my favorite teacher and Hermione and I are her favorite students.

“Which is basically what he did…” I then muttered, breaking Hermione and I’s hug.

She stared at me and pointed to behind me.

Apparently I hadn’t heard the door open because when I turned around a very pale Draco was standing in the doorway, tears in his eyes.

“How much did you hear?” I asked, glaring at him slightly.

“Everything.” He replied, letting the tears fall. My glare softened a little.

“Rose. I’ve always loved you.” Was the last thing he said before running out of the class room.

“I hate my life.” I groaned as I flopped down into the seat next to Hermione and put my head in my hands.

McGonagall got quite a show today.