Chapter Fourteen

It’s been two weeks since that incident and Draco hasn’t tried to contact me since.

Today was one of the Hogsmeade trips and I owled George about it two days ago, he’s going to be meeting me in Zonko’s Joke Shop.

You have no idea how excited I am to see him; it’s really hard to stay away from someone you possibly love for as long as I did.

As Hermione and I were walking down to breakfast, I told her.

“Soo, I’m meeting George in Zonko’s today.” She smiled at me.

“Oh really? Are you going to tell him that you’re in love with him?” She asked, smile turning into smirk.

I frowned, “I dunno, I don’t want this to ruin anything, but I honestly don’t see how I could ruin anything…” I replied.

“Go for it, the worst that could happen is…well nothing really bad could happen. I know he loves you, just by what you told me I could tell.”

“Thanks Hermione, this is why we are best friends.”

“Anytime.” She replied as we both sat down at the Gryffindor table.

Breakfast was quick and before I knew it we were all piling into carriages and on our way to Hogsmeade.

“Meeting George today?” Ron asked, smirking at me.

“Maybe.” I replied, glaring at him.

“Ooo, a bit touchy today I see.” Ron mumbled.

“Nope, just a bit annoyed with a certain ginger.” I replied, getting off the carriage since we were in Hogsmeade.

“What did Ginny do?”

“Hey!” She exclaimed, slapping Ron upside the head.

“Bye.” I said, walking in the direction of Zonko’s, which happened to be my favorite shop in Hogsmeade.

As I entered I looked around. Lavender Brown, Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, and Katie Belle were all in there, looking around at some of the jokes.

I started walking down one of the isles, browsing some of the jokes. It brought back a lot of memories, mostly ones of when Fred and George used to prank people and I used to help them, back when they still went to Hogwarts.

As I was fingering one of the products someone joined me in the isle, I turned and saw George standing behind me.

“George.” I breathed, wrapping my arms around him in a tight hug.

“I missed you.” He whispered into my hair.

“I missed you more.” I muttered, not wanting to let go.

“C’mon, let’s go get something to drink at The Three Broomsticks.” He grabbed my hand and led me out of the shop, walking toward The Three Broomsticks.

His fingers were intertwined with his and we were getting strange looks from my fellow classmates.

When Ron and Harry walked by us they wolf whistled and George flipped them off, which I burst out laughing about.

“C’mon.” George said, pulling me into The Three Broomsticks and getting ourselves a table.

The waitress came up and asked what we wanted; George ordered two butter beers and dismissed the waitress, who was checking George out.

“How’s Hogwarts been?” George asked as we waited for our drinks, I sighed and looked straight at him.

“It sucks without you there.” I replied, reaching across the table and taking his hand in mine.

He frowned, “I’m sorry love, I wish I could come stay at Hogwarts with you, but just remember this is the last year you’ll be spending without me.”

That brought a smile to my face, I leaned across the table at the same time he did, our lips were about to touch when,

“Here are your drinks.” The waitress said snottily, I grimaced and glared at her.

“Way to ruin our moment…” I muttered as she was walking away, hoping she didn’t hear me. But of course, me being the most unlucky person in the world, she did hear me.

She turned around and put her hands on her hips.

“Excuse me, maybe you shouldn’t be kissing in public places.” She sneered.

“Well maybe you shouldn’t be staring at…him.” I finished, not knowing what to call George at the moment.

She huffed and glared at me one more time before turning around and retreating away from our table.

By time that was over I had my hand on my wand, ready to pull it out of my pocket and hex this girl right back to the hole she crawled out of.

Before I sat down everyone in the room stood up and gave me a round of applause, someone even came over to me.

“Someone finally stood up to her! She’s been annoying people in this pub for ages, it’s ridiculous.” The man said, smiling at me proudly.

I smiled at him before sitting back down and taking a drink of my butterbeer.

“That was amazing.” George muttered, looking at me shocked.

“Thanks.” I blushed, trying to hide it in my cup.

After I put it down, he was already done with him.

“Shall we go for a walk?” He asked, standing up and extending his hand.

“We shall.” I smiled, taking his hand and walking out of the pub.

“Well I hope they fire her…” George muttered after about a minute of silence, comfortable silence though.

“I agree.” I whispered, staring at the snow.

“You alright?” he asked, I looked at him and nodded.

“Yeah, it’s just that I’m not going to see you for a while…” I muttered, stopping and leaning against a wall that had nothing on it.

“Well, I could always sneak into your dorm…” he joked, smiling at me with that goofy, yet adorable, smile that he had.

“George…” I then muttered, looking down at my shoes (Damn, I’m doing a lot of muttering)

“Yeah?” he asked.

“I don’t know how to say this…” I whispered, looking back up into his eyes.

“Just say it.” He said, looking at me with concern in his eyes.

“I love you.” I replied, looking down.

He didn’t say, or do anything for a good five minutes.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. I’ll be going now.”

But before I could go anywhere, he had his arms wrapped around my waist and his lips on mine.

He backed me into the wall that I was just leaning on and I wrapped my legs around his waist, smiling into the kiss.

“I love you too.” he said after breaking the kiss.

We were both smiling at each other goofily.

“Least no one ruined that moment.”

He chuckled and took my hand, leading me back to school.