Chapter Four

The twins woke up about an hour after I sent the letter. Unfortunately for them, we had already eaten breakfast.

“Mum can you just whip us up something real quick?” Fred whined, staring at his mother with hopeful eyes.

After a long sigh escaped Mrs. Weasley’s mouth, she nodded and got to cooking.

I was sitting on the couch watching Fred and George play a game of Wizard Chess when she called for me.

“Rosa?” Her voice came through the kitchen and over to me.

“Coming.” I called, standing up and maneuvering my way around the couches.

“I’ve sent a letter to your father and Tonks, I haven’t received word yet but I will let you know straight away when I do.” She smiled as she stirred something in a pot.

I gave her a grateful smile, “Thank you so much Mrs. Weasley, dad would probably have my head if I let him know the truth.”

She nodded and shooed me away, so I walked back into the living room and sat to the left of George.

“I’m sure he’d be fine with it if he knew the truth.” Fred looked up at me and said, my eyes widened at him.

“Have you not met my father?” I asked, incredulously, “I’m sure Tonks would be delighted, but dad would disown me when he found out the father. Draco Malfoy? Really, he wouldn’t be pleased.” I shot in a hushed whisper.

There was a soft peck at the window and I looked up to see Athena perched on the sill.

“He wrote back quickly.” I gasped, jumping up and rushing to the window.

Athena pecked my hand affectionately as I took the letter from her.

There, in his hand writing was my name:

Rosaline Lupin,

I sighed and sat down next to Fred this time, opening the letter and reading Draco’s reply.

“I wasn’t expecting him to reply.” I whispered to myself, but the twins heard me and gave me a questioning look.

“Who?” They asked simultaneously.

I gave them both a look, telling them through my eyes. Their mouths both formed a small ‘o’ and they went back to their game of chess.

I’m glad you understand.

That’s all the parchment contained, no signature, no nothing. I flipped the note over, and then flipped it again; I kept doing that until I saw something at the bottom of the page.

I love you.

A smile appeared on my face when I read that, causing both of the twins to roll their eyes.

“Oh stop it, don’t be jealous.” I growled playfully at them, they both shot me a look before being called into the kitchen for their breakfast.

“Us? Jealous? Ha!” I heard them whisper to each other as they walked away; I threw a chess piece at each of them.

“Ouch!” Both of them exclaimed at the same time, rubbing where they were hit.

“I’ve still got better aim then the both of you combined.” I smirked, standing up and skipping to their room to put the note away and to put Athena in her cage.

I sighed and flopped down onto George’s bed, taking in everything that’s happened to me in the past twenty-four hours.

“My life’s a wreck” I muttered to myself before standing up and making my way to the kitchen.