Chapter Ten.

Breakfast was boring to say the least.

As was the rest of the day, actually.

Well, let’s skip to the morning of the 3rd, the day I have to go back to school.

“Rose get up, you’ve gotta get ready!” I heard Ginny whisper into my ear.

I popped one eye open, she was standing over my bed already completely dressed and ready to go.

“What time is it?” I muttered, rubbing my eyes.

“9:30” She replied, I nodded and stood up.

Luckily I didn’t have to walk far because my trunk was right next to my bed. So, I popped it open and searched for a pair of jeans and T-shirt.

Once I found them I slipped out of the room and into the bathroom.

It was a tiny bathroom, but it was perfect nonetheless. I quickly changed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and did my make-up.

Today was going to be interesting, to say the least. Going back to Hogwarts and seeing my now ex-boyfriend for the first time…

I spent about ten minutes in the bathroom, ten minutes well spent.

Ginny was already completely ready, Ron wasn’t even awake yet, and I still had to pack. Luckily it was only 9:40.

The door to the twin’s room was open, so I just glided right in. George was sitting up in his bed, rubbing his eyes.

“Morning, you can go back to bed.” I whispered so I didn’t wake up Fred.

“No, I’m escorting you to school today.” George smiled and swung his legs over the side of his bed.

“Oh really?” I asked and started putting things in my trunk.

“Yes really” he smirked and stood up, once again in just his boxers. He grabbed a shirt and some pants, quickly slipping them on.

“It’s only 9:50.” I whispered to him, he shrugged and kneeled beside me, helping me pack.

“I think that’s it…” George muttered after 20 minutes, I nodded and shut my trunk.

“Where’s Athena?” I asked, he raised his eyebrows at me, “My bird.”

His mouth formed a little ‘o’ shape before shrugging his shoulders.

“Probably downstairs.” He replied and grabbed my trunk, heading toward the door.

I stayed and checked if I had left anything behind, which I didn’t.

“Are we apparating there?” I asked George once I had reached the bottom of the stairs. He nodded and called Athena inside.

She pecked his hand affectionately and went into her cage, which I was holding.

“What time is it?” Ron asked as he descended down the stairs, looking quite tired.

“10:30” I replied, sitting down next to George on the couch.

“We should be leaving soon.” He leaned over and whispered, I turned toward him and nodded.

“Can we leave now? Hermione is always there at this time and I want to catch up with her.” He smiled and nodded.

“Mum, we’re leaving!” George called.

Mrs. Weasley popped her head into the living room from the kitchen, “Be good Rose, see you this summer!” she smiled at me and I walked over to her, giving her a hug.

I then walked back over to George and linked arms with him. Almost immediately after I felt that familiar tug behind my belly button and then my feet touched the ground.

“God I hate that.” I moaned once I was sure I wasn’t going to throw up.

“C’mon.” George took my hand and we ran through together.

Of course the first person I saw was Draco, and he saw me too. Holding hands with George.

He gave me a slight smile before disappearing into the train, I sighed heavily before turning back to George.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you this summer?” he asked.

“We always have Hogsmeade trips.” I reminded him; he smiled brightly when he remembered this.

“Well, you should be going.” I nodded into his shoulder as he hugged me.

We pulled away and stared at each other for a minute before deciding that we shouldn’t kiss. Not here, not now.

I pecked his cheek before muttering, “I’ll owl you the Hogsmeade dates.” And running to the train.

Once on the train I looked around for the compartment that Hermione would be in.

After about ten minutes I found it, at the very back of the train.

“Hermione!” I exclaimed and attacked her in a hug.

She smiled at me and hugged me back tightly.

“So…I just saw you with George.” She wiggled her eyebrows and I blushed a bright scarlet.

Hermione is one of the only people to know about Draco and I’s relationship. She wasn’t completely fine with it but she didn’t discriminate on me.

“Boy do I have a lot to tell you…” I muttered.