Chapter Six

We apparated back to the Burrow and George brought me upstairs to his room.

Once there I sat down on his bed and he sat down directly in front of me, still smiling like an idiot.

“Okay, so you know how you said you don’t know what to tell people when they ask you who the father is when you start to show.” I nodded, begging him to continue. “Well I was thinking; why not tell everyone I’m the father.”

I stared at him for a while, basically telling him to continue because I wasn’t going to speak. “Tell them that we’ve been dating secretly and that we got carried away one night and you got pregnant. It’s perfect!”

“That is perfect, you’re fine with this? You know we’re going to have to start acting the part, start acting like a couple.” He nodded, understanding what was going to have to be done.

“You’re the best friend ever.” I breathed, leaning forward and hugging George tightly.

“I don’t have a girlfriend, and you’re the perfect girl. I’ll be honored to play the part of your boyfriend.” I blushed deeply, leaning forward to kiss him on the cheek.

I then thought of something, “What if the baby looks like Draco?”

He was silent for a minute, “We’ll figure that out when you have the baby.”

“George…” I whispered, finding another flaw in the plan.

“Yes, love?” he asked, staring at me with those brown eyes.

“You know you’re going to have to act like a father to this child, so people will believe you.” I breathed, he stared at me and raised his eye brows, basically asking me how this was a problem.

“And the problem is?”

“Are you basically ready to become a dad? That’s what’s practically going to have to happen.”

He leaned closer to me.

“I’m willing to do anything to help you, Rosaline, you’re my best friend”

And I kissed him, I couldn’t help it, he was doing something absolutely amazing for me.

We pulled away and he looked shocked, “What was that for?” he asked with a chuckle.

“You being so amazing.”

He smiled and pulled me in for another hug.

“Well, girlfriend, I think it’s time for us to go to bed.” He advised just before Fred walked through the door.

I gave George a look, “Fred already knows the plan, I spoke to him about it yesterday.”

“You two love birds should probably get to bed.” Fred joked, lying down in his own bed.

“So you’re completely fine with being me, “Boyfriend” I did air quotes around boyfriend, he nodded and smiled.

“Of course, we’re just not going to tell anyone until you start to show.” I nodded and crawled over to my bed.

“Goodnight guys.” I yawned, feeling happier than I did earlier.

“Goodnight love.” George said and I could hear the smile in his voice.