Chapter Twenty-Six

I ripped the door open only to see the small little house elf curled up on the floor. Tears sprang to my eyes and my head whipped up to look at Draco.

“You bastard!” I cried. I pulled my wand out and pointed it at him with a shaky hand. “She didn’t deserve this!”

George burst through the door before Draco could even speak. His wand clenched so tightly in his hand I could see it start to turn white.

Draco’s wand rose at the both of us, his face emotionless and pale. “You made a mistake Rosaline.” He said calmly which sent a chill down my spine.

“You are a mistake.” George growled at him from behind me. I turned around and faced him, a stern look on my face.

I slowly started to walk toward where Franny’s body lay. Draco didn’t make a move to stop me even as I picked up her fragile body into my arms.

“She’s still breathing.” I uttered quietly, mostly only for George to hear. He rolled his eyes a bit making it obvious that he didn’t want to be here.

I cradled her close to my chest and stepped back toward George, my back almost hitting his chest. The only thing that made me stop moving was when several Death Eaters piled out of the kitchen to stand behind Draco.

George sucked in a breath and grabbed the back of my shirt urgently, tugging me toward him in a sort of panic.

My adrenaline hadn’t worn off yet so fear wasn’t setting in. I was almost ready to face all of them myself if it wasn’t for the look on George’s face when I turned around. Concern, Concern I’d never seen before was written all over his face.

A few of the Death Eaters disapparated, earning a sigh of relief from George. But one stayed. One particular Bellatrix Lestrange stood behind Draco, a sick smile twisting to her lips.

“Well isn’t it Rosaline Lupin? How’s your daddy?” She stepped forward which caused George to tug me back against his chest protectively, “Is he still howling at the moon?”

“Shut your mouth.” I growled, attempting to take a step forward but George’s grip on the back of my shirt held me in place.

She slowly raised her wand and I mirrored her actions. Little did I know George’s wand was raised from the start, just waiting…

“How dare you talk to me like that?!” Bellatrix’s smile was replaced by an evil frown. Draco had stepped forward by now, his wand raised, and ready to protect his Aunt. I gave him a heated glare. He just sneered.

“You bitch.” I growled, pulling so hard away from George that I almost launched myself into Bellatrix. I still had Franny in my arms but that didn’t stop me from raising my wand in my other hand.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into but I wasn’t just about to sit around and take her shit. She had no right saying that about my father.

Bellatrix stepped forward and there was little space between us. Draco’s eyes were glued to George for a reason I would only understand later.

“What did you just call me?” She spat in my face like venom, her breath making me want to vomit in her face.

“I called you a bitch. Are you deaf?” I questioned, giving her a look.

She raised her wand higher and my heart started beating faster than ever in my chest. I could just make out the words on her lips. I was dead.

“Avada Kedavra!” Someone shouted, but it wasn’t Bellatrix. In fact, Bellatrix fell to the ground in front of me, lifeless. I stepped back shocked, turning around to stare at the only person behind me.

“George.” I uttered, not able to believe what had just happened.

He dropped his wand to the ground, his mouth trying to form words. When he finally did he said,

“I had to protect you.”

Oh my Jesus I was shaking writing this chapter. I had it all planned out in my head. And the fact that I’m watching the music video for Best Song Ever By One Direction isn’t helping me any.

Mmm…. Harry.

ANYWAY! I hope you guys enjoyed.

I hope you all fell out of your seats in shock.

I hope you didn’t die.

And I hope George Weasley never has to Avada Kedavra you!

Bye my little cupcakes! :*