Part 8~ Broken Friendship?

**Third POV**

Taurtis walked inside the room Sam was staying in. After the incident, Sam had twisted his ankle. He has been in the hospital since Taurtis saw Grian all beat up.
Sam was sound asleep, his light snoring making Taurtis smile his crooked smile. Taurtis couldn't help but stare at Sam's figure as he slept. He was just adorable!
Taurtis suddenly thought about Grian when he saw a nurse walk in. She asked, "Would ya please come with me? Grian needs to talk to ya, sweetie." Taurtis slowly nodded. The nurse walked out of the room before Taurtis could follow.
Grian sat in a criss cross position on the bed. Taurtis walked in he room and slowly shut the door behind him.
      "You said you wanted to talk to me?" Grian nodded. Taurtis sat down next to Grian. Grian made some kind of squeak but Taurtis ignored it.
"I-I wanted to talk to you . . . about Sam, as well as you. You guys seem to know me but I don't remember a Sam or a Taurtis at that." Taurtis raised an eyebrow. "You mean you don't remember us? Sam's your best friend," Taurtis said as if it were too painful to say 'best friend.'
"I'm sorry, I don't. It's just, when you found me, all I remember was being taken away from two people and feeling my arm go numb. I woke up in a small concrete room," Grian gestured Taurtis to come closer, and Taurtis leaned in, "and a girl with pink hair named Yuki brainwashed me. I can only think about her, and when I do my head aches." Taurtis moved away for a second, considering this a moment. He then burst out laughing. "Wow, you are hilarious!" He said sarcastically, though his laugh was real. Grian blinked. Did he not hear a word I said? Grian asked himself.

**Sam's POV**

I slowly opened my eyes to a burst of laughter from next door. I looked around at my surrounding and noticed my cloths neatly folded next to me on a counter. I was in a hospital bed wearing the hospital gown. I was alone.
"T-Taurtis, Grian?" I nervously asked. No response. I hated being alone. It was lonely.
How long was I here? I asked myself. It must've been days. Who knows?
After a while of silence the door opened and a nurse walked in with Taurtis behind him. "Sam! You're awake!" I flashed Taurtis a smile as he walked over to me and tightly hugged me. He moved away and I gave the nurse a smile. "Would ya like a drink of water or something, Samuel?" I blushed and shook my head. I didn't enjoy being called Samuel, because that wasn't my actual name, but I would just shrug it off. The nurse left.
"Taurtis where were you? I was a bit nervous. You know I hate being alone." I sighed at the boy as he sat on the edge of the hospital bed. He had a grin on his face. "Grian needed to talk to me." My eyes widened at the name. "GRIAN'S HERE?!? IS HE OK?!?" Taurtis' grin faded to a monotone expression. "Yeah, but he lost his memory . . . somehow." I simply said 'Oh' and looked down at the bedsheets. Taurtis sighed and pet my hair. I gave him a smile and blushed when he grabbed my hand that lay on my lap. "It's okay, Sam. I know you . . . miss Grian. He's fine. He's next door." He didn't sound comfortable talking about Grian. I simply nodded. "Thanks comforting me at this hour." I looked at the time. 6:29pm. I took a closer look at Taurtis. He looked exhausted but relieved and calm. When I asked him, "What did Grian tell you exactly? Did he show any emotion?" Taurtis' eye twitched.
"Why do we need to talk about Grian right now?" He moved his hand away from mine.
"I just want to know if he's--"
"He's fine, Sam!" He snapped. I whimpered to myself and looked down. Talk about calm.
"Well, I'm sorry I'm so worried about him more than you are about him! I'm just doing what a good friend would do!"
"Well lemme tell you what he said! 'I don't remember a Sam or a Taurtis at that!'"
"Well at least I asked if he was okay and I didn't kiss him out of the blue!" Taurtis froze. A light blush covered his face before he stood up from the hospital bed and walked to the door. "I did it because I love you, Sam." He quietly said. He walked out before I could protest.
I felt guilt rush through my head. Why would I snap at my best friend? But why did he snap at me? I didn't nothing! I simply asked if my friend was okay! And he loves me? More than a friend? Questions that can't be answered at the moment have to wait. I have something to do first.

**Grian's POV**

I heard my door slowly and quietly open. Footsteps reached my bedside as I slowly opened my eyes. A figure stood next to me. I was about to shout for help but the boy covered my mouth. "Shh, Grian. It's ok." I froze. Another stranger knows my name?
The boy moved his hand away from my mouth. "W-who are y-ou? Are you the one Taurtis talked to me about?" I asked the boy with the long bunny ears. The boy sighed and nodded. "He was right. You don't seem to remember." The boy stood up, which he happened to be quite tall. He leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. His lips were warm and soft. My eyes widened as my face flushed with blush.
He moved away and had a deep ruby blush covering his pale face. "S-sorry, I just . . ."
I suddenly grabbed the boy's hand and pulled him in again. I placed my lips on his. His eyes widened at my sudden move but he kissed back and crawled on top of me. I was going to ask about the door but he said, "Don't worry, nobody will be able to interrupt." I had a deep blush on my face as he lay down next to me. He turned the lights off and grabbed my hand as he placed his head on my shoulder.
"You're much more comfortable to lay down on than Taurtis was. Goodnight," Sam sleepily said "Goodnight, Sam," I whispered before I shut my eyes and fell asleep with a smile on my face.