Part 17~ Caught Red Handed

**Third POV**

Sirens wailed in the distance, interrupting Sam's show. He groaned and paused his show before attempting to stand. He fell in his knees and groaned. He looked over at Grian, who lay peacefully on the other couch. If only Sam didn't need to put Grian to sleep. He suddenly smiled as he began chanting. He should've thought about this sooner, he told himself. He soon stood up and placed his hands on his hips. He looked out the kitchen window. Right across the street, he saw police cars and an ambulance in front of Sookie's house. His eyes widened as he ran out of the house and to the crowd that surrounded the scene.
Sam ran to a nearby young man and asked him what had happened. The man replied, "Sookie and Soul are dead, Yuki, Chan, and Invader are missing, and we have no idea who assassinated the girls." The man sighed before walking the other direction. Sam knees what happened with Yuki and the other two, but Soul and Sookie? Sam shook his head, then looked over the crowd and saw carts carrying bodies covered in bags. It was dragged into the ambulance before the ambulance drove off. A women, about 20, was being questioned.
"I didn't do anything! I saw the one who did it! I just called to inform you guys."
"Well, start talking. Officer Henderson, please come over here," an officer told a female in a short skirt and a blouse. She walked over to the officer with a pencil and pad in hand.
"Now tell me, ma'am. How did this person look like?" The woman asked the victim.
"He had an oval shaped face, dark eyes, raven hair, and he wore headphones. He was wearing a blue shirt and black jeans," the woman replied with a terrified expression of her face.
"Did he look like this?" The officer showed her the drawing. Sam squinted his eyes to get a better view. He couldn't make out what the drawing looked like. The lady frantically nodded and walked away. The officers began discussing the big in the picture. Sam wanted to know who killed Sookie and Soul. He decided to call Taurtis, because Sam recalled Taurtis wandering off and returning without Sam noticing. He dialed Taurtis' number.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Taurtis. I just wanted to talk to you about something
"That depends on what the topic is."
"Do you have any idea why people are crowded around Soul and Sookie's house?" Pause.
"No."
"Oh, ok. I just wanted to know because . . ." Sam muted the phone before walking to the lady with the drawing pad. He took a peek at the drawing before turning away. He was shocked to see an exact image of Taurtis. ". . . because I see your face on the drawing pad. A lady said she saw you at the time Soul and Sookie were murdered." Sam waited for a response, then told the officer to listen to the conversation.
"Alright, alright! I did it, ok? Just. . . please don't tell the cops. I--" the officer grabbed the phone. "Thank you for the information, sir. We will meet shortly." Pause.
"Wait . . . Sam? H-how?" Sam hung up. He felt sympathy, yet he was glad he did what he must. It was the right thing. Even though Sam killed the girls, it was to save Taurtis and Grian. Taurtis just did it out of the blue. And after what happened, Sam thought. He groaned and walked home. He reached the door before his phone rang. It was Taurtis.
"Taurtis, I'm sorry. It was the right thing to do."
"I'm sorry, ok? I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused, I'm sorry for raping you. I'm sorry for getting drunk. I'm sorry for killing innocent girls. Just please help me. I'm sorry." Taurtis broke down. This made Sam feel worse.
"Do you know how pissed I am right now? You raped me, threatened me, and you killed two innocent people! I killed the three girls to protect you and Grian. You did it out of the blue, Taurtis. I don't know what else to say other than this; you are not the same. You took a huge turn. And where the hell are you?"
"Somewhere where they won't find me. Bye, Sam."
Sam hung up and broke in tears. He walked inside the house and saw Grian still asleep. Sam wiped the tears from his eyes and smiled. At least he had Grian. Sirens wailed in the distance again, and they soon stopped at the front of the house.
Someone knocked on the door. It was an officer. Sam opened the door and let the officer in. She looked around the house. "Thank you for the proof, sir. I'm just hear to ask you questions. First; why is he asleep?" The officer gestured to Grian. Sam sighed.
"He was exhausted after a long day of studying." The officer nodded and asked I'd he could sit down in the kitchen. Sam offered the officer a drink. "Water will do."
"So, I just wanted to ask a few questions before returning to the police station to investigate more. Call me Henderson." Henderson took out a writing pad and a pen before asking,
"So may I ask, how do you know this person?" Henderson took out the drawing. Sam looked away. He sighed.
"He is an old friend of mine. He changed, and I didn't know he would do such a thing." The officer nodded.
"What time do you think this happened? What were you doing?"
"It was about 7:00 at night. I was asleep."
"At seven?" Henderson wrote it down on a piece of paper. Sam nodded.
"Why do you think . . ." She cocked an eyebrow.
"Taurtis."
". . . Taurtis did what he did?" She asked. Sam shrugged, and answered,
"I think he's insane." Henderson wrote it down.
"Any weaknesses or strengths before I head out?" Sam shook his head.
"That is all. Thank you for your time . . ." she cocked an eyebrow as Sam.
"Sam." Sam reached this hand out to her. She shook his hand.
"Thank you, Sam." Henderson walked out of the house. Sam shut the door behind her and mentally facepalmed himself. What a fool he was, he told himself. He looked over at Grian's figure. Oh, how it made him feel eased to see him. He decided to wake him up. He walked over to Grian and placed a hand on Grian's head. He sighed. Here goes nothing, he thought. He began chanting words. Soon, Grian opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was Sam. He jumped up and tightly hugged Sam.
"Oh my gord, Sam! I'm so glad to see you! What happened?" Grian asked. Sam shrugged. "Nothing much," he lied. Grian nodded and pecked Sam on the lips, surprising Sam. Sam blushed and kissed Grian's jaw. They both laughed and watched the rest of Sam's show, holding hands and cuddling together.

**For those of you who wanted Griam action, there you have it. Sorry for those who wanted Saurtis.**