Part 23~ Realizing It All

**Third POV**

The feeling of misery washed over Sam as he looked at the corpse of his lover. Staining his smooth skin, the blood of his boyfriend stained his cloths and the bed as well. Just the expression on Grian's lifeless face made Sam choke on his own tears. On the other hand, he didn't feel too guilty about killing Taurtis. One way or another, Taurtis would suffer and pay his consequences for the crimes he committed while he was still alive. Unfortunately, his life had to reach his end, and Sam was not able to tell Taurtis the news of the kids.
He did just wish for a normal life after all; it was not much to ask for. If only none of this happened, then Taurtis and the many others would still be alive--if you exclude Yakuza and the SWAT team--and Sam wouldn't be feeling so miserable with himself and the world. Sam breathed in the rotten air and he exhaled with a sad sigh.
He was alone in his room. The girls had just left to get the contract. The contract was to approve of Sam's return. He is to stay with Satan and serve him in Hell, and Earth have not existed at all. But his connection with Earth and the beautiful wonders made him ponder for a while. Would he be happy on Earth? Was he willing to leave? Surely he'd be miserable, as he feels emotions--what every human (and not demon) feels--could affect him. Or he could return to Hell, where he'd see the one person he doesn't want to see. Taurtis. He'd be prisoned in Hell with the many other Sinners. Oh, how difficult! Sam thought with a huff. Sam slowly turned away from Grian's corpse and sat on the bedside. Then, he covered his face with his hands, and with a quivering sigh he let tears stream down his face.
The room grew colder as the sun set and the moon rose. San wiped the tears from his eyes with his hand, then walked over to the open window and closed it. He turned to Grian, still hoping to see that happy smile and soft expression on his beautiful face. But he only saw a lifeless glare and dry tears and blood on his face. His eyes seemed to be the only thing alive on the corpse. But even so, Sam quickly turned away and took out his phone from his pocket. He didn't want to call the police, but he had no choice. . . .

It was hard to tell whether the sirens have been wailing all day, or if they had just been turned on. It was as if the wailing was replaying, and Sam hissed as his ears rung to the sound of them. He didn't want to hear the sirens anymore. Every time he does, it reminds him of the dreadful things people have done to cause the sirens to go off. The many, many things. Sam's head began to throb, and he groaned in pain. Stupid headache, he thought as he placed a hand on his his. Stupid headaches. The sirens kept wailing, and they grew louder and louder . . . Then there was a knock at the door.
Sam hurried down the stairs, walked into the kitchen, and he looked through the window by the door. A police officer stood at the front of the door. Her eyes were sharp, and she was firm where she stood. Sam opened the door, and he pointed to the staircase. "P-please deal with the body upstairs. I need some fresh air." He moved passed the officer before she could reply. With a quivering breath, he looked around the streets. Police cars were parked around his street, and he saw an ambulance.
"I'm sorry for your loss, sir," said a feminine, calm voice. Sam turned around, and he nodded at the female officer. "I'm feel sorry for myself at the moment." He let out a sad chuckle and he turned his back on the officer. She knew to leave him alone as soon as he did so, and she walked over to the ambulance to take out the cart. When Sam tried to take a look to see what was in the back of the ambulance, he saw another cart. But there was someone on the cart. He seemed young, and he . . . was wearing some stupid looking headphones. My old buddy, Sam said to himself. His old buddy. Taurtis.
Taurtis.

Sam had a sad smile on his face as the ambulance drove away with Grian and Taurtis. How unfortunate to loose his friends. How unfortunate to loose his only two friends. It was pretty stupid; having only two friends out of the entire world. But those two were the only ones he has ever made. And now that they're gone, Sam feels the same as he did when he never met them. Lonely and guilty. He felt lonely now that he had nobody to care for, to love and laugh with. And he feels guilty for not doing something in the beginning of it all. He was blind at the time, and he didn't see anything strange going on between Grian and Taurtis. How ashamed he felt for being an idiot. It greatly affected him. It hurt him.
Sam wasn't able to look at himself in the mirror the same way he use to since that day. The day both of his friends died, when he looked in the mirror, he saw a lonely fool. Sam looked down to the ground, and his eyes moved to his stomach. There was a baby lump. He began sobbing as he fell to his knees. "Why am I so fucking stupid? Why? I hate this! I just wanted a normal life!" Sam shouted at himself. His shaking hands grew into fists. Anger washed over him. And with that anger, he punched the mirror. The mirror shattered to a million shards, flying through the air. Sam's fist burned in pain when the shards stabbed his fist. Blood dripped from his cuts, and he screamed in anger.
"I just wanted a normal life . . . It was not a lot to ask for. A normal life. A normal life with friends, and someone to love. I wanted to love someone. I wanted to feel loved. I wanted to feel cared about. But now I have nothing. I should've known from the start that I was making a mistake of ever having any friends. Or becoming a part of me that I never had from the beginning. I regret everything I've done, but I have wasted my time to redo it all," Sam whispered as he felt tears stream down his face.
"Help me."

**Welp I hope none of your cried!**